ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre settlement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jusy
Newly Registered
Italy

Pre settlement

Post by Jusy » Wed May 22, 2019 1:10 am

Hello i'm a European Citizen.I have got a 5 year U.k pre-settlement granted the 20/05/19.I applied before my husbands.He applied on the 07/05/19 with biometric who is not Eea Citizen.He have a 6-month family member visa. Is there any possibility that he will be denied for the pre-settlement and if he have to go back to his country Is There the possibility that they deny him another visa to come back to England. I'm very worried please can somebody have a advice? Thank You.

kamoe

Re: Pre settlement

Post by kamoe » Wed May 22, 2019 10:27 am

Jusy wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:10 am
He applied on the 07/05/19 with biometric who is not Eea Citizen.He have a 6-month family member visa.
Not sure what you are trying to say here. If he has a 6-month family permit, then it is only a stricker on his passport and it is not biometric. Are you trying to say he has another biometric card, which is NOT issued under EEA rules, for example, a BRP issued under the Tier system, and that he used that to apply? (Not ususally possible). Please clarify that.
Is there any possibility that he will be denied for the pre-settlement
Not under normal circumstances. Is there any reason why you think there might be a problem?
and if he have to go back to his country Is There the possibility that they deny him another visa to come back to England.
As above.
I'm very worried please can somebody have a advice?
Again, is there any particular reason you think there might be a problem?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Jusy
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Jusy » Wed May 22, 2019 6:29 pm

I am Italian and i applied for the EU settlement scheme .They gived me 5 years pre settlement.On the same date that i applied i Also applied for my husband he is not a Eea Citizen.He came here with a Eea family member to join me in the UK.For him to apply for the EU settlement scheme they asked for Biometric wich he did send with his passaport and proofs.My question Is if there are a possibility for them to deny a pre settlement?

Jusy
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Jusy » Wed May 22, 2019 6:32 pm

No there is no specific reason it is only my fear that he should leave the country. I do not know how it works here in England so I am doubtful.

Jusy
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Jusy » Wed May 22, 2019 6:45 pm

He did the Biometric at Ukvcas point on the 7/05/19 they send an e-mail the same day saying this:

CERTIFICATE OF APPLICATIONT
this certificate of application confirms receipt of your valid application under the EU Settlement Scheme. You will receive a decision shortly.You can continue to rely on any rights you have as an EEA or Swiss citizen, or as the family member of an EEA or Swiss citizen.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu May 23, 2019 9:11 am

Jusy wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:29 pm
He came here with a Eea family member to join me in the UK.For him to apply for the EU settlement scheme they asked for Biometric wich he did send with his passaport and proofs.
Oh, ok, he applied with postal application and enrolled biometrics. That's OK.
My question Is if there are a possibility for them to deny a pre settlement?
Again, there should be no issue under normal circumstances (genuine marriage).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Jusy
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Jusy » Thu May 23, 2019 4:38 pm

Thank you for your reply!