ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I need Help to bring my dad in UK ASAP from Albania, please anyone that can help me with advise ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Albali25
Newly Registered
Albania

I need Help to bring my dad in UK ASAP from Albania, please anyone that can help me with advise ?

Post by Albali25 » Sat May 25, 2019 8:11 am

Hello all, I am new here so I do apologise if I am posting on wrong page...
I have been in the UK since 2006 and have received the Indefinite to remain in the UK since February 2009. I have all the rights to live in the UK and I need to bring my dad over for short visit as he has been diagnosed with cancer and in Albania are not doing much to help him, at the moment he is doing laser treatment but as I have been told from my mum he is not getting any better. I have not left UK myself for past 11 years and been working and paid taxes and everything correct and I have not got any criminal records anywhere. Could you please tell me what do I need to do, what steps do I need to take to bring him over even for couple months so I can have him here and take him for treatment over here.
I would really appreciate your help who ever reply to my post. Please try and make it as clear as possible please as I am not used much in to paperwork so I dont know where to start.
Kind Regards
Albali

Albali25
Newly Registered
Albania

Re: I need Help to bring my dad in UK ASAP from Albania, please anyone that can help me with advise ?

Post by Albali25 » Sat May 25, 2019 8:31 am

Forgot to mention that My dad has never left Albania before....This will be first time for him and he is 80+ years old.

Casa

Re: I need Help to bring my dad in UK ASAP from Albania, please anyone that can help me with advise ?

Post by Casa » Sat May 25, 2019 9:10 am

I appreciate that this must be a difficult time for you and your family. Your father will need to apply for a Standard Visitor visa for the purpose of medical treatment. See the guidance below from the Immigration Rules
Medical
V 4.9 The applicant must not intend to access medical treatment other than private medical treatment or to donate an organ (for either of these activities they must meet the relevant additional requirements).

V 4.15 The applicant must have arranged their private medical treatment before they travel to the UK, and must provide a letter from their doctor or consultant detailing:
(a) the medical condition requiring consultation or treatment; and
(b) the estimated costs and likely duration of any treatment which must be of a finite duration; and
(c) where the consultation or treatment will take place.
V 4.16 If the applicant is applying for an 11 month visit visa for the purposes of private medical treatment they must also:
(a) provide evidence from their medical practitioner in the UK that the proposed treatment is likely to exceed 6 months but not more than 11 months; and
(b) if required under paragraph A39 and Appendix T Part 1 of these Rules, provide a valid medical certificate issued by a medical practitioner listed in Appendix T Part 2 of these Rules confirming that they have undergone screening for active pulmonary tuberculosis and that this tuberculosis is not present in the applicant.

You should be prepared for the cost of any medical treatment to be extremely high :!:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... itor-rules
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.