ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview T1E 50K ILR application - HO visit the site

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

star20lion
Newly Registered

Interview T1E 50K ILR application - HO visit the site

Post by star20lion » Tue May 28, 2019 12:42 pm

Hi All,

The UKVI visited my office last week conducted my interview for 4 hours which was related to my business.Unfortunately they were not satisfied with my answers and seems like ILR application will be refuse after 8 month of applied.
My question is if they refused before my 10 years which is going to complete in September 2019. what kind of option i can use for met ILR. Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Interview T1E 50K ILR application - HO visit the site

Post by zimba » Tue May 28, 2019 12:58 pm

I suggest to wait until you get a decision. Your options could be switching to other visas or applying for SET(O) again and then vary to long residence. Seems that courts will grant ILR. If you are really worried you may look at varying now to FLR before refusal.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

logical_riz
India

Post by logical_riz » Tue May 28, 2019 1:14 pm

hi star20lion, can you please tell what kind of questions they asked? I am on same boat interview on Mon. It would be really great help. Good luck !!
thanks

star20lion
Newly Registered

Post by star20lion » Tue May 28, 2019 1:26 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 12:58 pm
I suggest to wait until you get a decision. Your options could be switching to other visas or applying for SET(O) again and then vary to long residence. Seems that courts will grant ILR. If you are really worried you may look at varying now to FLR before refusal.
Thanks Zimba your suggestion are very helpful iam also thinking to wait for decision.

star20lion
Newly Registered

Post by star20lion » Tue May 28, 2019 1:43 pm

logical_riz wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 1:14 pm
hi star20lion, can you please tell what kind of questions they asked? I am on same boat interview on Mon. It would be really great help. Good luck !!
thanks
Hi Riz ,
Please go thorough your whole application from initial and latest they will have your file with and well prepared. They were two old and experienced man asked me these question

investment
business bank statement
personal bank statement
where did you get the money from
how why and where you made
rent/lease contract
marking martial
website ( They read my website very well and said the spelling of business is incorrect on m website)
what business does and how
work you done ( will physically see)
client list
service you providing
client communication ( Phone ,email,post)
employee contract ( How ,and why These employee)
what they do
Time sheet
payslips
p60 of employees
employment law
etc
everything about business

My Suggestion is do not get panic ( which is i got) and give answer very little bit and don't give wrong aswer if you don't know say i did remember now.
Best of Luck

logical_riz
India

Post by logical_riz » Tue May 28, 2019 1:49 pm

star20lion wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 1:43 pm
logical_riz wrote:
thanks
Hi Riz ,
Please go thorough your whole application from initial and latest they will have your file with and well prepared. They were two old and experienced man asked me these question

investment
business bank statement
personal bank statement
where did you get the money from
how why and where you made
rent/lease contract
marking martial
website ( They read my website very well and said the spelling of business is incorrect on m website)
what business does and how
work you done ( will physically see)
client list
service you providing
client communication ( Phone ,email,post)
employee contract ( How ,and why These employee)
what they do
Time sheet
payslips
p60 of employees
employment law
etc
everything about business

My Suggestion is do not get panic ( which is i got) and give answer very little bit and don't give wrong aswer if you don't know say i did remember now.
Best of Luck
Thanks for your quick reply, I am trying to prepare myself. I do have kind of most document but i worried about communication with employee and client contracts. Most of the time is communication over the phone, I had few times in email because it was free website service and i could not access my old emails.
thanks again for your help

HMG
Egypt

Post by HMG » Tue May 28, 2019 2:49 pm

star20lion wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 12:42 pm
Hi All,

The UKVI visited my office last week conducted my interview for 4 hours which was related to my business.Unfortunately they were not satisfied with my answers and seems like ILR application will be refuse after 8 month of applied.
My question is if they refused before my 10 years which is going to complete in September 2019. what kind of option i can use for met ILR. Thanks
I wish you the best of luck with the decision. Maybe you think you did not do well while you did better than you thought so try to relax a bit and wait like Zimba suggested. Can I ask if you had interview in the extension or not and if you run the business from home or not. I know you said they visited the office but this can be an office at home that is why I asked my second question. Also if you can provide us with your timeline would be great.

star20lion
Newly Registered

Post by star20lion » Tue May 28, 2019 2:59 pm

HMG wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:49 pm
star20lion wrote:
Hi All,

I wish you the best of luck with the decision. Maybe you think you did not do well while you did better than you thought so try to relax a bit and wait like Zimba suggested. Can I ask if you had interview in the extension or not and if you run the business from home or not. I know you said they visited the office but this can be an office at home that is why I asked my second question. Also if you can provide us with your timeline would be great.
HI HMG, Thanks for your well wishes. There was no any refusal or interview in initial or extension application.It was business office and not running from home.I applied my ILR application on 28 sep 2018 in normal processing time.
Thx

Hiuk77777
China

Post by Hiuk77777 » Tue May 28, 2019 3:17 pm

Hi, it’s better wait for your decision as if you did run business, there is nothing worried that they will change their mind

HMG
Egypt

Post by HMG » Tue May 28, 2019 3:27 pm

star20lion wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:59 pm
HMG wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:49 pm
star20lion wrote:
Hi All,

HI HMG, Thanks for your well wishes. There was no any refusal or interview in initial or extension application.It was business office and not running from home.I applied my ILR application on 28 sep 2018 in normal processing time.
Thx
Thanks a lot for getting back to me. I agree with everyone, just wait until they reply and God forbid they refuse, then you can think about other options which luckily you have. I feel they will give it to you but maybe they will try to wait a bit longer until they award you the ILR that is it all.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Tue May 28, 2019 4:03 pm

Good luck.. I pray for ur success!! Be positive!
When can you get the transcript of the interview?
I’ve observed they also ask questions pertaining to the yearly accounts. The director ought to be up to date with that as well..

hamzakhani
Newly Registered

Post by hamzakhani » Tue May 28, 2019 4:13 pm

Good luck!
be positive hopefully you will get positive response inshallah
do you had the interview at the time of extension or this one is your first interview?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed May 29, 2019 12:32 am

Interviews for Tier 1 Ent at ILR stage is a reality now. I want to add some bits as I have an interview experience at extension stage. The interview questions at ILR stage are the same and there is a lot of feedback from previous extension interviews on this forum. Members can search the forum and benefit from it at even ILR stage.

I am sharing this with my personal experience so it might give some confidence to the members in stress.

As long as you are genuinely trading, less or more, profit or loss, be confident, you will be okay.

At extension stage, my company was registered at my home address. My employees worked from their own home and my company was in loss. All three negative points.

Although, my 4 hour long interview did not go 100%, lots of counter questioning, in the end I was able to convince the CW about my business model and business decisions through my answers (CW makes the decision not the interviewer).

It was a 4 hour long interview but the two things they focused more was:
1) Investment funds
2) Employees

At ILR stage, job creation is the most important, so be prepared to be grilled on employee questions.

a) keep employee contracts handy
b) employee communication (email, whatsapp, phone)
c) make yourself aware of employee rights (pension, holidays, sick leave, notice period etc)
d) advertisement for jobs (google, facebook etc)
e) employee role/job description
f) employee CV
g) employee names/addresses by heart
h) employee qualifications
i) employee pay/hourly rate
j) If employee is working from home, justify your decision.
k) employee benefits (if any - company laptop or phone or travel expenses etc)
l) how does employee report to you
m) how do you check employee performance if employee works from home

I can only remember the above on top of my head as my interview was conducted in Sep 2017 but the questions will be similar even at ILR stage.

Also, be prepared to answer questions about your investment credibility:
a) where did the money come from - proof if asked
b) how did you invest the money
c) break up of investment/expenditure
d) profit/loss figures
e) advertisement costs etc

Be prepared to keep sale/purchase/client invoices.

Advertisement proof of receipts.

Social media presence.

The interviewer is well aware of your website/social media and they do their homework before they visit you. Keep the website/social media up to date.

Having said all the above, they asked me much more than listed above. This is only areas where they focused more so I wanted to share.

No interview is 100%. Be confident, that is the key.

As job creation is the most important part of ILR application, be prepared to be grilled at employee questions more.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed May 29, 2019 12:41 am

Old thread about my extension interview questions: ILR stage interview seems to be the same questions.
uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/ho-visit-r ... l#p1535387
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

star20lion
Newly Registered

Post by star20lion » Wed May 29, 2019 9:28 am

aman90 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 4:03 pm
Good luck.. I pray for ur success!! Be positive!
When can you get the transcript of the interview?
I’ve observed they also ask questions pertaining to the yearly accounts. The director ought to be up to date with that as well..
Thanks for Prayer much needed Aman90.
There is no any interview transcript they just ask about your business activity even do not ask anything from employee if they present will ask general questions.Its depends can ask yearly or for any year of the the business. they asked me one question about 2015 also.so make sure you know everything about your business for 5 years. thanks

star20lion
Newly Registered

Post by star20lion » Wed May 29, 2019 9:30 am

hamzakhani wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 4:13 pm
Good luck!
be positive hopefully you will get positive response inshallah
do you had the interview at the time of extension or this one is your first interview?
Thank hamzakhani IA.
no any interview in any previous application.
Regard!

star20lion
Newly Registered

Post by star20lion » Wed May 29, 2019 9:36 am

tier11417 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:32 am
Interviews for Tier 1 Ent at ILR stage is a reality now. I want to add some bits as I have an interview experience at extension stage. The interview questions at ILR stage are the same and there is a lot of feedback from previous extension interviews on this forum. Members can search the forum and benefit from it at even ILR stage.

I am sharing this with my personal experience so it might give some confidence to the members in stress.

As long as you are genuinely trading, less or more, profit or loss, be confident, you will be okay.

At extension stage, my company was registered at my home address. My employees worked from their own home and my company was in loss. All three negative points.

Although, my 4 hour long interview did not go 100%, lots of counter questioning, in the end I was able to convince the CW about my business model and business decisions through my answers (CW makes the decision not the interviewer).

It was a 4 hour long interview but the two things they focused more was:
1) Investment funds
2) Employees

At ILR stage, job creation is the most important, so be prepared to be grilled on employee questions.

a) keep employee contracts handy
b) employee communication (email, whatsapp, phone)
c) make yourself aware of employee rights (pension, holidays, sick leave, notice period etc)
d) advertisement for jobs (google, facebook etc)
e) employee role/job description
f) employee CV
g) employee names/addresses by heart
h) employee qualifications
i) employee pay/hourly rate
j) If employee is working from home, justify your decision.
k) employee benefits (if any - company laptop or phone or travel expenses etc)
l) how does employee report to you
m) how do you check employee performance if employee works from home

I can only remember the above on top of my head as my interview was conducted in Sep 2017 but the questions will be similar even at ILR stage.

Also, be prepared to answer questions about your investment credibility:
a) where did the money come from - proof if asked
b) how did you invest the money
c) break up of investment/expenditure
d) profit/loss figures
e) advertisement costs etc

Be prepared to keep sale/purchase/client invoices.

Advertisement proof of receipts.

Social media presence.

The interviewer is well aware of your website/social media and they do their homework before they visit you. Keep the website/social media up to date.

Having said all the above, they asked me much more than listed above. This is only areas where they focused more so I wanted to share.

No interview is 100%. Be confident, that is the key.

As job creation is the most important part of ILR application, be prepared to be grilled at employee questions more.
Hi tire777 very well explained hope will helpful.

Amjadalisarobi

Post by Amjadalisarobi » Wed May 29, 2019 9:59 pm

Hi , just to ask that your employes were present or not ? And when they called you for interview I mean how long before from your interview date , please mention the dates , one question is very important if they refuse the application for investment reason then can you challenge them in the court or not because they already approved your investment ? Did you show your investment fund in back country or here ?

Bigyou
Wales

Post by Bigyou » Thu May 30, 2019 4:15 am

When they called me, I gave them a one month in between which they accepted.

Bigyou
Wales

Post by Bigyou » Thu May 30, 2019 4:19 am

Zimba wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 12:58 pm
Hello Zimba please what does SET(O) and FLR mean. I am not confident with my interview also.

Bigyou
Wales

Post by Bigyou » Thu May 30, 2019 4:26 am

I recently had an interview and most question revolved around account, salaries, evident of role I provided to clients, contracts etc. I am not confident of the interview also and would rather explore other options as my ten years will be complete next October which is a long time not to have alternative plans.

Bigyou
Wales

Post by Bigyou » Thu May 30, 2019 4:28 am

logical_riz wrote:
thanks
I think the focus on accounts now so understand your company account for the past years. Everything on it!

Amjadalisarobi

Post by Amjadalisarobi » Thu May 30, 2019 6:38 am

Thanks Bigyou for your reply , did they asked about investment or not ? And plz share your time line and any interview on extension stage ? And how long was your interview ? Do you have a Office or operating business from home ? And the time of interview your employes were present or not ? Plz share your experience with us and also if you have interview questions sheet the share with us plz , thanks

xeesee
Member of Standing

Post by xeesee » Thu May 30, 2019 6:39 am

Bigyou wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 4:26 am
I recently had an interview and most question revolved around account, salaries, evident of role I provided to clients, contracts etc. I am not confident of the interviwew also and would rather explore other options as my ten years will be complete next October which is a long time not to have alternative plans.
Hello,

Can you please share your time line for ILR application also nature of business.

Are you running your business from home?

Thanks

Amjadalisarobi

Post by Amjadalisarobi » Thu May 30, 2019 6:46 am

Thanks Begyou for your response , I just want to know that how long was your interview and did they ask about investment ? And the time of interview your employes were present ? And do you operate business from home or office ? Do you have the interview question sheet ? And when they called you what you said when they allowed you one month time for interview ? Plz share your experience with us , thanks