ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does Section 3C apply to EU Settlement applications?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

magpie11
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Does Section 3C apply to EU Settlement applications?

Post by magpie11 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:30 pm

I know that Section 3C allows you to remain and potentially work when you are waiting for a visa application to be processed, but it does not apply for EEA applications like a residence card. Does it apply for EU Settlement applications however? EU Settlement seems to me is a UK law, not an EU right, so maybe it is different.

Also, if the previous permit is an EU right, particularly if I have been staying under a EEA Family Permit (durable relationship, not married), does that prevent section 3C applying as well?

thanks

vinny

Re: Does Section 3C apply to EU Settlement applications?

Post by vinny » Wed May 29, 2019 1:55 am

Section 3C extends leave beyond its expiry while they consider an in-time application under the Immigration Rules.

Unfortunately, if an applicant was previously under the EEA Regulations, then there was no leave to expire nor for Section 3C to extend.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.