ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit Expiring Question

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sean015
Newly Registered
United States of America

EEA Family Permit Expiring Question

Post by sean015 » Wed May 29, 2019 12:22 am

I am Irish and my wife is non-EEA from the USA (where we currently reside). She just got issued an EEA Family Permit which expires on 13/11/19. We were originally planning on moving together to the UK in July, but we have had to delay our trip until 25/10/19. I want to apply for the EU settlement scheme for pre-settled status before the permit expires but this seems to be cutting it kind of close. Any advice on how to proceed? Do I need a new permit closer to the date of travel?

jmedina
Mood:
Argentina

Re: EEA Family Permit Expiring Question

Post by jmedina » Wed May 29, 2019 3:55 am

You should have no problem. Many people on this forum have applied for pre-settle status even on the same day of their arrival. You will receive a Certificate of Application a few days after you apply, so you will be covered.
And in fact, she can apply for the settlement scheme with the Family Permit expired. The Family Permit is only an entry clearance document. Just make sure you arrive prior to the expiration date.

pranab0077

Re: EEA Family Permit Expiring Question

Post by pranab0077 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:20 pm

jmedina wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 3:55 am
You should have no problem. Many people on this forum have applied for pre-settle status even on the same day of their arrival. You will receive a Certificate of Application a few days after you apply, so you will be covered.
And in fact, she can apply for the settlement scheme with the Family Permit expired. The Family Permit is only an entry clearance document. Just make sure you arrive prior to the expiration date.
Hi Jmedina
Can anyone apply for EU Family permit many times?
Suppose anyone comes through EU Family permit but doesn't want to apply for pss,
what can be done next time,if wants to visit in the UK ?
I'm not sure how lond can stay outside of UK with pss.