ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adoption of foreign step son in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Vvvv2019
Newly Registered
Russia

Adoption of foreign step son in UK

Post by Vvvv2019 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:23 am

I am looking for any advice,how to start adoption process ...my British husband would like to adopt My son( me and my son are both on spouse visa with BRP)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Adoption of foreign step son in UK

Post by CR001 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:24 am

How old is your son?

Where is the child's other parent?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Br28016
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Adoption of foreign step son in UK

Post by Br28016 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:44 pm

Interestingly I've started process of adopting my step children (3 and 6) so looking for any information or experience on this one. Been in the children's life since before birth of youngest although long distance relationship at that point.

No father on youngest birth certificate and no hope of finding him and father of oldest is death and we have death certificate.

Both children are in UK on appendix FM visa along with my wife who is the mother. I believe we all count as habitually resident in the UK having arrived back in UK in February. Everyone was here for 6 months last year while we got married in UK. Left UK in September 2018 and I returned to UK to work while waiting for visas to come through although visited overseas at Christmas and end January to go collect everyone and sort out move back to UK.

Last year put step parent parental responsibility agreement in place for both children and correctly registered with family court.

Engaged with local authority and gave notice of intention to adopt in June (married for one year at that point) and in theory in September can apply to court to start adoption process.

Looking for experience of people who have done this before to find out if I'm missing any important points or anything I need to know or understand before I submit the adoprion request to family court in september/October.

I think I'm good on this and all legal aspects are covered but not a lot of information I could find on people who have done this before so good to have some shared experience