ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

To understand Financial Requirement for the family members of a settled person in the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aarian04
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

To understand Financial Requirement for the family members of a settled person in the UK

Post by aarian04 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:15 pm

Hi,
I've recently got my ILR and I applied for my only son who has born in the UK before my ILR approved. My son application is still pending, however I need to apply for my wife. As we both worked as a part timer, our combined salary is about £20,000. My questions is:

1. What is the amount we need to have? Is it £18,600 or £22,400.00? This is related when I answer a question under the Finance section "Is your partner currently sponsoring any additional children?". If I say yes the amount shows £22,400.00 otherwise £18,600.

Before this question I've already provided information for my son on the application.

Kindly if someone who is expert can help me with this question.

Regards,
Shah

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: To understand Financial Requirement for the family members of a settled person in the UK

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:38 pm

aarian04 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:15 pm

Hi,
I've recently got my ILR and I applied for my only son who has born in the UK before my ILR approved. My son application is still pending, however I need to apply for my wife. As we both worked as a part timer, our combined salary is about £20,000. My questions is:

1. What is the amount we need to have? Is it £18,600 or £22,400.00? This is related when I answer a question under the Finance section "Is your partner currently sponsoring any additional children?". If I say yes the amount shows £22,400.00 otherwise £18,600.

Before this question I've already provided information for my son on the application.
Kindly if someone who is expert can help me with this question.

Regards,
Shah
[/quote]

Mostly none-EU/British partners and none-EU/British child apply together and then the income requirement reaches to £22400. But you have applied separately for your none-British child so maybe same amount (£22400) will be needed again. However, if the child is eligible for British citizenship/will become British soon then maybe exempted.
Last edited by seagul on Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: To understand Financial Requirement for the family members of a settled person in the UK

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:38 pm

On what basis did you get ILR?

What is your UK immigration history?

What is your wife and sons immigration history?

What application did you make for your son??

Why didn't your dependents apply together?

A UK born child does not need a valid visa or ILR if you plan on registering the child as british, assuming the child is under the age of 10.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.