ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR request

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ms1993
Member of Standing

SAR request

Post by ms1993 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:57 pm

Hi all

Some advice please. As the spouse application required travel history, I’ve made a SAR request to UKBA on behalf of my husband to request full details of any visas issued, type, refusals etc etc

The date to respond by (15 days after receipt of supporting documents) is around 6 June.

If on 6 June, I don’t hear anything -

Should I send a further email? Or wait it out?

I was recently told I shouldn’t hassle UKBA too much because any requests like this can count against the application as it raises alarms bells. How true is this?

ms1993
Member of Standing

Re: SAR request

Post by ms1993 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:20 pm

Hi

Any advice from anyone please???

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:11 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:57 pm
I was recently told I shouldn’t hassle UKBA too much because any requests like this can count against the application as it raises alarms bells. How true is this?
No its not true because each application is dealt on its own merit. But usually HO don't like to be contacted.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:32 pm

Thanks Seagul, does the contact apply to SAR requests too? That’s my question, that the SAR is due on 6 June 2019, and if I don’t hear anything, should I contact or wait it out?

I was told if I contact again re the SAR it’ll raise questions as to why I’m pestering (even though it’s purely to confirm travel history, as stated in the intention for the SAR l)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:54 pm

To know your travel history why don't you search your emails where usually the e-tickets & boarding passes are saved. You can even refer to the dates on your old bank statements for these ticket purchase.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:02 pm

We had considered that, thank you. And I wouldn’t have made a SAR on his behalf had I have had any evidence of the travel history.

I suppose my question still remains unanswered.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:28 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:02 pm

I suppose my question still remains unanswered.

seagul wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:11 pm

No its not true because each application is dealt on its own merit. But usually HO don't like to be contacted.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:05 am

Chasing the SAR will not be held against the individual in future applications.

I fear you may well be disappointed in the amount of travel information you will glean. Visa dates, you will get that, entry information to the UK - that is a maybe, exit information almost a certain no, unless deported / removed. Any travel to the common travel area, no information will be held. The Home Office systems are not the all seeing and knowing systems that many people believe it to be.

Good luck

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:19 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:05 am
Chasing the SAR will not be held against the individual in future applications.

I fear you may well be disappointed in the amount of travel information you will glean. Visa dates, you will get that, entry information to the UK - that is a maybe, exit information almost a certain no, unless deported / removed. Any travel to the common travel area, no information will be held. The Home Office systems are not the all seeing and knowing systems that many people believe it to be.

Good luck
Thank you Frontier - this is what I was trying to angle at, whether it will impact the to be made spouse application. As genuine as the application is, I don’t want them to assume that my chasers on any possible delay is for an untoward reason.

My SAR request requires details of visa date issues and any entry details they may hold as I believe this is what the form specially requests (?)

The application is almost ready - but I can’t submit without these dates so it’s a waiting game

SeanYX
Newly Registered
China

Post by SeanYX » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:40 am

I just get the dates of all the entry stamps on passport and receipt from e-gates into Excel and sort them by dates.

Your husband should have entry stamps on his passport for every time he entered the UK border. And perhaps his home country border as well. If he uses e-passport via automated gate there should be a receipt printed.

This should give you as much information as needed for visa purpose.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:33 pm

Old emails & old bank statements are enough to quickly trace the previous travel history.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:30 pm

SeanYX wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:40 am
I just get the dates of all the entry stamps on passport and receipt from e-gates into Excel and sort them by dates.

Your husband should have entry stamps on his passport for every time he entered the UK border. And perhaps his home country border as well. If he uses e-passport via automated gate there should be a receipt printed.

This should give you as much information as needed for visa purpose.
Thanks Sean... He hasn’t retained his previous passports hence this malarkey!

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:31 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:33 pm
Old emails & old bank statements are enough to quickly trace the previous travel history.
I will root for emails but highly doubt there will be any - many local travel agents tend to be paid by cash especially if they’re of the same nationality and are known to the person

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:36 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:31 pm
seagul wrote:
I will root for emails but highly doubt there will be any - many local travel agents tend to be paid by cash especially if they’re of the same nationality and are known to the person
How about the boarding passes which usually need to be checked in 24 hours before the flight as per airline policy.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:45 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:36 pm
ms1993 wrote:
seagul wrote:
How about the boarding passes which usually need to be checked in 24 hours before the flight as per airline policy.
Again, these haven’t been retained as there travel history dates back to 3 years ago and at the time, he and I hadn’t been introduced to be married so the thought of needing these for a future spouse application wasn’t priority

These are the reasons why I felt a SAR was the best way to get the info

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:37 pm

SAR report may even not give you your desired and enough information about your travel history. And these reports usually takes sometime to arrive.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:45 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:37 pm
SAR report may even not give you your desired and enough information about your travel history. And these reports usually takes sometime to arrive.
Well they have 30 days as per the new guidelines which is in a couple of weeks...

let’s say for arguments sake that the SAR request does not provide this information and therefore I cannot provide dates on the spouse application BUT I can provide approximate date of entry / type of visa... Will this suffice?

The other issue is that during the tier 4, there was an extension request made which again, dates weren’t retained so this is where the issues arise in terms of accuracy

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:26 pm

ms1993 wrote:

especially if they’re of the same nationality and are known to the person
Then speak to them as they might have some record in their system.

dan883

Post by dan883 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:45 am

ms1993 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:45 pm
seagul wrote:
Well they have 30 days as per the new guidelines which is in a couple of weeks...

let’s say for arguments sake that the SAR request does not provide this information and therefore I cannot provide dates on the spouse application BUT I can provide approximate date of entry / type of visa... Will this suffice?

The other issue is that during the tier 4, there was an extension request made which again, dates weren’t retained so this is where the issues arise in terms of accuracy
You can email them to send your SAR if you have waited their turn around time. I did the same and they sent me the documents next day.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:30 pm

dan883 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:45 am
ms1993 wrote:
seagul wrote:

You can email them to send your SAR if you have waited their turn around time. I did the same and they sent me the documents next day.
Thanks Dan. I emailed them after this post because I realised they hadn’t given me a date of completion which they’ve now quoted “2-3 weeks,” which takes it to 27 June so if by then I don’t hear anything, I’ll send another email.

Can you tell me what info you received in your SAR? Of course not personal info but headlines such as did you get visa issue dates etc?

dan883

Post by dan883 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:19 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:30 pm
dan883 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
seagul wrote:

Thanks Dan. I emailed them after this post because I realised they hadn’t given me a date of completion which they’ve now quoted “2-3 weeks,” which takes it to 27 June so if by then I don’t hear anything, I’ll send another email.

Can you tell me what info you received in your SAR? Of course not personal info but headlines such as did you get visa issue dates etc?
Yes it shows the landing card, visa application dates and so forth.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:58 pm

dan883 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:19 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:30 pm
dan883 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:

Yes it shows the landing card, visa application dates and so forth.
Hi Dan

I wondered if I could ask - I’ve received the SAR request and am working through the travel history for the purposes of the form. For the visa issue date - did you use the date in application date raised or outcome date from the SAR?

dan883

Post by dan883 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:29 am

ms1993 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:58 pm

I wondered if I could ask - I’ve received the SAR request and am working through the travel history for the purposes of the form. For the visa issue date - did you use the date in application date raised or outcome date from the SAR?
I believe outcome date yet I am not sure. Hopefully someone experienced can help.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:16 pm

dan883 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:29 am
ms1993 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:58 pm

I believe outcome date yet I am not sure. Hopefully someone experienced can help.
Thanks Dan - Seagul kindly advised on BRP which I didn’t know what it was until now. Many thanks.