ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport and Spouse Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

O_Relly

Passport and Spouse Naturalisation

Post by O_Relly » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:05 pm

Hello all,

Two Questions:

1. I am due to attend my citizenship ceremony and collect the certificate of naturalization soon. I applied online and paid £1349.20.

Am I correct in stating that, I have to apply online for a British Passport soon as I have my naturalization certificate and it can take up to 6 weeks to receive the British passport?

2. My wife is on Tier 1 General- Dependant visa and is due for ILR in October this year. Her immigration history is such that she was on her own Tier 1 General Visa since February 2011 and switched over as my dependant sometime in October 2014 because she took an extended maternity break.

Now, will she be eligible to apply for Naturalisation as the wife of a British Citizen as she has already completed 3 years residence in the UK? or will she have to acquire ILR and complete 12 months post-ILR to apply for naturalization?

Cheers,
OR
Cheers,
OR

zimba
Mood:

Re: Passport and Spouse Naturalisation

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:11 am

1. I am due to attend my citizenship ceremony and collect the certificate of naturalization soon. I applied online and paid £1349.20.
Am I correct in stating that, I have to apply online for a British Passport soon as I have my naturalization certificate and it can take up to 6 weeks to receive the British passport?
Yes. You can apply only after you attend your ceremony because that is when you officially become a British citizen.
The first passport could take up to 6 weeks but generally it takes 10-14 days
2. My wife is on Tier 1 General- Dependant visa and is due for ILR in October this year. Her immigration history is such that she was on her own Tier 1 General Visa since February 2011 and switched over as my dependant sometime in October 2014 because she took an extended maternity break.
Now, will she be eligible to apply for Naturalisation as the wife of a British Citizen as she has already completed 3 years residence in the UK? or will she have to acquire ILR and complete 12 months post-ILR to apply for naturalization?
She will be able to immediately apply for naturalisation after being granted ILR as the spouse of a British citizen :)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:51 pm

Thank you, Zimba. Much appreciate it.
Cheers,
OR

guru1s

Post by guru1s » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:06 am

O_Relly wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:05 pm

Yes, but it usually takes between 1-3 weeks to receive the British Passport after you have filled in an application.
O_Relly wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:05 pm

She can apply once she gets IRL (no need to wait 12 months), as married to BC after you've attended your Ceremony.