ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC for Self employed documents , and divorce

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alanran
Belgium

BC for Self employed documents , and divorce

Post by Alanran » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:16 am

Hello guys
I posting regarding my friend :

She is EEA citizen, had her PR since 2016:
1/ until 2015 she was employed ( got all her P60) but in August 2015 start as self employed until now . The question is what documents she need to show to prove her residency in U.K.
2/ she applied for divorce few month ago , she called the court last week and been told the divorced was approved but she need to wait 3/4 weeks until she receive the decision by post, the question is what she need to say on the application ( married or divorce ? As she didn’t receive the decision yet )
Thank you

Alanran
Belgium

Re: BC for Self employed documents , and divorce

Post by Alanran » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:04 pm

Alanran wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:16 am
Hello guys

1/ until 2015 she was employed ( got all her P60) but in August 2015 start as self employed until now . The question is what documents she need to show to prove her residency in U.K.
2/ she applied for divorce few month ago , she called the court last week and been told the divorced was approved but she need to wait 3/4 weeks until she receive the decision by post, the question is what she need to say on the application ( married or divorce ? As she didn’t receive the decision yet )
Thank you
Any help with this guys ?

Alanran
Belgium

Post by Alanran » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:00 am

Guys , anyone can help with this so my friend can start the application and then if she have another question we could ask here ! Really appreciate any clear answer
Thank you

guru1s

Post by guru1s » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:01 am

Alanran wrote:
Hello guys

If she has a PR card, why does she need to prove her residency? If you are enquiring about passport application, then you will need to include PR card.
Alanran wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:04 pm
Alanran wrote:

Thank you

If she fills in an application today, then she is technically still married.

Alanran
Belgium

Post by Alanran » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:03 pm

guru1s wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:01 am
Alanran wrote:
Hello guys

If she has a PR card, why does she need to prove her residency? If you are enquiring about passport application, then you will need to include PR card.
Alanran wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:04 pm
[quote=Alanran post_id=1787908 time=1559556983 user_id=192397
In order to apply for BC , as EEA you should have PR , but as her EEA passport never stamped every time she travel outside U.K. then she need to provide another evidence for her residency in the U.K.
My question is as she is mixed between employed and self employed for the last 5 years , what she need to provide ?
Any moderates or senior can reply to my question please guys ..

guru1s

Post by guru1s » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:29 pm

Alanran wrote:

In order to apply for BC , as EEA you should have PR , but as her EEA passport never stamped every time she travel outside U.K. then she need to provide another evidence for her residency in the U.K.
My question is as she is mixed between employed and self employed for the last 5 years , what she need to provide ?

Do you know what PR card is? This is a physical blue card that she should have applied for and attached in her BC application - you should read a process first. In order to receive the PR card you have to prove your residency by providing utility bills, letters from landlord. Employment is not a requirement for the PR card.

Alanran
Belgium

Post by Alanran » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:17 pm

guru1s wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:29 pm
Alanran wrote:

Do you know what PR card is? This is a physical blue card that she should have applied for and attached in her BC application - you should read a process first. In order to receive the PR card you have to prove your residency by providing utility bills, letters from landlord. Employment is not a requirement for the PR card.
Thank you , but are you saying that a EEA nation they don’t need to submit with the application. Any form of P60 or any documents as self employed to prove that she (EEA national ) was in U.K. since she got her PR (2016) until the date she submit the BC application ??? Please note that her passport not stamped every time she leave uk and come back !!!
Can someone please confirm that !!

guru1s

Post by guru1s » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:27 pm

Alanran wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:17 pm
guru1s wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:29 pm
Alanran wrote:

Thank you , but are you saying that a EEA nation they don’t need to submit with the application. Any form of P60 or any documents as self employed to prove that she (EEA national ) was in U.K. since she got her PR (2016) until the date she submit the BC application ??? Please note that her passport not stamped every time she leave uk and come back !!!
Can someone please confirm that !!
Well this was not clear enough. Any utility bills or council tax can be submitted as a proof that she was in the UK between 2016 and today. Employment is not a requirement for applying for BC. I have attached my yearly council tax bills when I applied back in Feb.

If you are an EEA citizen of course your passport does not get stamped when you leave/return to the UK.

luhpaoli

Post by luhpaoli » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:32 pm

Hi, I've applied being self-employed. I've printed all my self-assessments, but it would be good if she could also use like council tax bills, or letters from the HMRC or NHS. Note that being employed is not a requirement for BC, but you can use P60 and self-assessment to help prove residency.

Alanran
Belgium

Post by Alanran » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:47 pm

luhpaoli wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:32 pm
Hi, I've applied being self-employed. I've printed all my self-assessments, but it would be good if she could also use like council tax bills, or letters from the HMRC or NHS. Note that being employed is not a requirement for BC, but you can use P60 and self-assessment to help prove residency.
Thank you ,
I will ask her to upload ( self assessment + cancel tax bills for the last 5 years ) do you think that enough ?

luhpaoli

Post by luhpaoli » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:45 am

Alanran wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:47 pm
luhpaoli wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:32 pm
Thank you ,
I will ask her to upload ( self assessment + cancel tax bills for the last 5 years ) do you think that enough ?
Yeah, that's exactly what I've used.