ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police Clearance certificate for Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

armand93
Newly Registered
South Africa

Police Clearance certificate for Tier 2

Post by armand93 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:57 am

Hi all,

My wife and I are South African citizens and I am currently on a tier 2 General visa and she is a dependent on mine. She has now been offered a position which requires her to return to SA to apply for a tier 2 general visa. She has been living in the uk with me for more than a year.

Section 76 of the tier 2 policy guidance says "Certificates from your most recent country of residence will normally only be considered
valid if they have been issued no earlier than 6 months before your application date.
Certificates from countries prior to your most recent country of residence must normally
cover the entire period of residency (up to 10 years prior the application date) but will
otherwise be considered valid indefinitely"

Does this then mean that she would not need a new police clearance from SA? Would she need a DBS check as part of her application?

Thanks for your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Police Clearance certificate for Tier 2

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:02 am

Why does she want to change status??

Her clock for ILR will reset to zero if she applies for her own tier 2 general.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

armand93
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Police Clearance certificate for Tier 2

Post by armand93 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:16 am

The reason for her changing status is due to the nature of her job as she is not allowed to work in her role on a dependent visa, unfortunately. It is sad that her ILR clock resets but we don't have any other choice.