ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SOUSE VISA EXTENSION UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

phr004
Newly Registered
Mood:

SOUSE VISA EXTENSION UK

Post by phr004 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:20 pm

I was granted UK spouse visa(5yr route) in 2014, since then living together with my wife and we now have 3 yr old baby. I was late by few days to renew after completion of first part of 2.5yr. Law says we can still apply within 14days. So we did, meeting all requirements. The reason for late renewal was misplacement of passport at home.

Result came from Home Office, visa was renewed for another 2.5yr on humanitarian ground, BUT our initial 5yr Spouse Visa route has been changed to 10yr route now. We did not appeal the decision. Now the 2.5 yr extention is again soon coming, making my legal stay as Spouse of a UK citizen to 5yr in total.

My question is:
1: By the time the renewal date comes, I will have stayed legally as Spouse of a UK citizen for 5yrs, so do i qualify to apply for ILR or have to apply for extension on Spouse visa until 10yr period is up?

2: For the upcoming renewal, if a fresh application for 5yr Spouse visa route is faster for my ILR than following the 10yr route, can i make new application for 5yr route?

3: My spouse visa 5yr route is changed to 10yr route after applying for extension late after the initial 2.5yr period. So the 10yr period start from the date i entered UK on spouse visa or the first 2.5yr is gone waste?

Any advice will be deeply appreciated, any kindness shown to help me and other seekings help, i will pray for your happiness, long life and success. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SOUSE VISA EXTENSION UK

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:57 pm

1. No you don't qualify for ilr as you made an out of time application and were put on the 10 year path.

2. You can make an application for 5 year route again, it starts your clock for ilr based on 5 years again. All visas count for ilr based on 10 years residence though.

3. You lose the first period for ilr based on 5 years residence. You don't lose it for ilr based on 10 years long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

phr004
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by phr004 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:41 pm

Thank you so much for your kind response to my enquiries. Much appreciated.
Further to seek clarification and your advice,

By January 2020, I actually fulfill 5yr stay on Spouse visa, had it not been changed to 10yr route because of delay in last renewal application, I would be applying for ILR.

Since my 5yr route is changed to 10yr route, I am little confused about the Start and End of the 10yr route.
Do i consider start date from the last recent renewal or from the date I first got in UK on the 5yr Spouse visa?

If I know the 10yr route start date/year, it would help me know the likely date of the 10yr route completion date/year.

Many many thanks for your help. Best of regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:11 pm

phr004 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:41 pm
Do i consider start date from the last recent renewal
Once they put you on 10 years route then your 5 years of ILR clock reset to zero. However, under 10 years of long residence route your all visas will be counted if that route remain active by that time.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

phr004
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by phr004 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:02 pm

For my case then, for the renewal of Spouse visa under 10yr plan, which application form do i use please?
Can that be done online? Many thanks as usual. best wishes

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:13 pm

phr004 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:02 pm
?
Can that be done online? Many thanks as usual. best wishes
Yes

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flrfp
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

phr004
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by phr004 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:17 am

Thank you so much for all the helps you instantly give for the needy ones, i deeply appreciate such kindness, it means so much to all of us who are confused and searching for answers.

My renewal is coming soon in January 2020, so I am preparing for the application. I am applying based on the financial route whereby my wife's saving is over £62,500 in her name. Would you please help me with what are the key requirements that I need to prepare/gather under this route please.

Looking forward to your kind response, always much appreciation and best wishes to you. Warm regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:33 pm

phr004 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:17 am
Thank you so much for all the helps you instantly give for the needy ones, i deeply appreciate such kindness, it means so much to all of us who are confused and searching for answers.

My renewal is coming soon in January 2020, so I am preparing for the application. I am applying based on the financial route whereby my wife's saving is over £62,500 in her name. Would you please help me with what are the key requirements that I need to prepare/gather under this route please.

Looking forward to your kind response, always much appreciation and best wishes to you. Warm regards
The balance of cash savings must never been fallen than £62500 in any day during the last 6 months for which bank statements will have to attach. Also on the application form you have to declare their source.

phr004
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by phr004 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:20 pm

Thank you for the clear answer. One more question as a follow up please.

If the £62,500 has been in the bank account already before the last 6 months, do i have to declare its source?

warm regards, best wishes

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:31 pm

phr004 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:20 pm
Thank you for the clear answer. One more question as a follow up please.

If the £62,500 has been in the bank account already before the last 6 months, do i have to declare its source?

warm regards, best wishes
Yes, no matter how long the funds is in the account for, declare the source.

phr004
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by phr004 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:54 pm

Thanks, about the saving source declaration, how do you do that? Is there a template to follow? We got a bulk as gift from our parents long ago. how do we go about with this please?

Much appreciation & thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:37 am

phr004 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:54 pm
Thanks, about the saving source declaration, how do you do that? Is there a template to follow? We got a bulk as gift from our parents long ago. how do we go about with this please?

Much appreciation & thanks
I do not know if there is a template available, you can use the search function of the forum for this
or
Write a letter titled - Declaration of source of funds, stating personal details and the account number the fund is held in and for how long. Stated the source of the funds ( in your case gift from parents), if this was a transfer from parent's account to yours state the date and if you still have it can provide a print out of an account statement covering the date it was transferred to you and showing the name of the person who transferred it.
Simple statement and where possible contemporaneous evidence backing up your declaration.

phr004
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by phr004 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:53 pm

Thank you all the admin for the all the helps being given to us. Since this is my first post reply in 2020, I would like to wish you all belatedly a very happy and successful new year 2020.

As I have stated earlier, my case was initially on 5yr spouse visa but because I was late to apply for extension by about a week, though my first extension was successful, I was changed to 10yr route unfortunately.

I have asked in the forum above for the link for online application and I have already filled that, about to sign off and complete, but wanted to double check if it is the right one for my application. Do you think there will be different online form for 5yr route and for 10yr route?

Also, I am using Cash saving alone to meet the financial requirement, my wife says its all her savings. Do we still need to require Sources? We are getting bank statements obviously.

For the application submission also, please could you confirm that we can do it within the last 28 days of expiry?
Many many thanks. I would appreciate if you could response instantly.

best wishes

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:36 pm

phr004 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:53 pm
Thank you all the admin for the all the helps being given to us. Since this is my first post reply in 2020, I would like to wish you all belatedly a very happy and successful new year 2020.

As I have stated earlier, my case was initially on 5yr spouse visa but because I was late to apply for extension by about a week, though my first extension was successful, I was changed to 10yr route unfortunately.

I have asked in the forum above for the link for online application and I have already filled that, about to sign off and complete, but wanted to double check if it is the right one for my application. Do you think there will be different online form for 5yr route and for 10yr route?

Also, I am using Cash saving alone to meet the financial requirement, my wife says its all her savings. Do we still need to require Sources? We are getting bank statements obviously.

For the application submission also, please could you confirm that we can do it within the last 28 days of expiry?
Yes, this said to be the best to ensure no shortfall. So far you take note not expired and passport in hand/not misplaced this time or yours go on 20yrs route :D
Many many thanks. I would appreciate if you could response instantly.

best wishes
Still declare. State the source as savings over time.

phr004
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by phr004 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:09 pm

many thanks for the kind answers. Really helpful though we don't know each other in person. Way to go for humanity to help each other. Cheers

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:31 pm

Just a heads up. Someone I know had his long residence ILR refused. He was on 10 year spouse visa route and had three British children, he was put on 10 years spouse visa route in 2017 and last October he completed his 10 years legal residence so he applied for ILR (LR) but they refused by stating that time spent on 10 years spouse visa cannot be used for long residence ILR. Best of luck and do update when you apply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:07 am

bruteforce wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:31 pm
Just a heads up. Someone I know had his long residence ILR refused. He was on 10 year spouse visa route and had three British children, he was put on 10 years spouse visa route in 2017 and last October he completed his 10 years legal residence so he applied for ILR (LR) but they refused by stating that time spent on 10 years spouse visa cannot be used for long residence ILR. Best of luck and do update when you apply.
Highly unlikely and possibly another reason for refusal completely. All visas count for ilr based on long residence, even visitor visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:06 am

I have read the refusal letter myself and I am pretty sure I understood every word of it. Before that, I was of opinion that all visas count towards long residence but I was wrong. I didn’t get permission to upload the refusal here otherwise I would have done so.

phr004
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by phr004 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:32 am

Hi all,

I am all set to submit my application. However, wanted to double check few things below, your instant response will be deeply appreciated.

1. I have downloaded pdf version of the application, but i do not see FLR M on it, it simply shows UK Visas & Immigration, i got the link CR001 earlier in this thread. Have I filled the right form?

2. Under the CONSENT, it shows like below, do i have to write letter for each declaration?? Or can do with one letter on behalf of my wife?

: As seen on the form, i.e.
I will provide a declaration signed by each of the other joint customers on an account with a bank or
utility company
-------------------------
I will provide a declaration signed by my spouse or civil partner
--------------------
I will provide a declaration signed by each of the customers on an account with a bank or utility company relating to another person who is to provide me with financial support

Waiting patiently for your kind responses, many thanks

phr004
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by phr004 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:37 pm

Also, along with the spouse visa extension 10yr route, do i have to fill another form for Biometric information
As part of the application process, commonly known as a biometric residence permit (BRP)?

I already got one BRP Card from Home Office and it runs out on the same date as my current visa. Just finding out on this today, so please enlighten me. Many many thanks

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:05 pm

1. The spouse visa extension [FLR(M)] application is completed online.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... ily-routes

2. When you complete the online application, it will provide the required declaration forms for you to fill out and upload with you supporting documents.

There isn't another form for biometric information, you will however have to attend an appointment to have your biometric information (photo and fingerprints) taken and a new BRP will be issued if the visa is approved.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

phr004
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by phr004 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:03 pm

Thank you for the advice. Much appreciated.

One question today.

I have completed my online visa application yesterday 29 Jan 2020. I got my UKVCAS appointment for BIOMETRIC and Document Upload on 18 Feb 2020 at the earliest. But My current visa expire on 15 Feb 2020.

Please advice if this is okey or I am in problem.

Many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:20 pm

phr004 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:03 pm
Thank you for the advice. Much appreciated.

One question today.

I have completed my online visa application yesterday 29 Jan 2020. I got my UKVCAS appointment for BIOMETRIC and Document Upload on 18 Feb 2020 at the earliest. But My current visa expire on 15 Feb 2020.

Please advice if this is okey or I am in problem.

Many thanks
no issue since you have already submitted your application before expiry. Date of biometrics can be booked even after the visa expiry.

phr004
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by phr004 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:09 pm

Thank you for the kind response, it was a good relief to learn your response. Best wishes