ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

End of contract and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Plannedsea
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

End of contract and ILR

Post by Plannedsea » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:51 pm

Hi everyone, I need some help with deciding if I can apply for ILR or not. I am currently on a Tier 2 (General) work visa which was issued on 29/07/2014 so I complete 5 years on 29/07/2019. My visa runs out on 07/09/2019 while my work contract with the university runs out on 28th of August 2019.

Can I still make an application on the 2nd of July 2019 (28 days before 5th anniversary) despite my contract ending in August? There is no possibility to extend my current contract nor have I been successful in getting another job so far. I plan to speak to HR about my situation and hopefully they will help me with getting a good letter of employment. Will it help if they leave out the end of contract date? I was employed on an open-ended contract but funds have run out sadly!

I am very grateful for any help as soon as possible since it is nearing my time of application!

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: End of contract and ILR

Post by moonlight55 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:59 pm

One of the key requirement for ILR application is a letter from current employer stating that they will need your services in foreseeable future and will continue to employ you. Without such a letter, your ILR application will not go through. In your case, I'm not sure if your employer will give such a letter considering your end date.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:32 pm

If your employer does not need you for a foreseeable future you cannot get ILR under Tier 2 route. That is a requirement
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Plannedsea
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Plannedsea » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:45 am

Thanks @moonlight55 and @Zimba, I am afraid of that very thing. I will speak to my HR people anyway and see if they can help me. Are there any other critical requirements like the employment letter that I need to take care of other than the usual documents (Passport, bank statement, payslips, leave letters etc...). I really appreciate this website. I have learnt quite a lot just reading through the other posts. You guys are doing a great job. May God bless you all!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:28 am

You need an employer letter to say they need you for a foreseeable future and also confirm your absences from work were permitted by them.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Plannedsea
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Plannedsea » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:55 pm

Thanks a lot @Zimba. I will try my best to get these letters. Good luck to everyone on here.

Neha786
Newly Registered
India

Post by Neha786 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:59 pm

Hi plannedsea,
I was wondering did you get any luck with tour application? I’m in the similar boat.
Thaks

simoncastellano
Newly Registered

Post by simoncastellano » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:44 am

Hi there,
Any luck on your application?
I am interested to know as I am in a similar situation.
Thanks,
SC