ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retention VISA and Citizenship [HELP]

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

heretofindmyself
Newly Registered
Ireland

Retention VISA and Citizenship [HELP]

Post by heretofindmyself » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:10 am

Hi all,

I need some help to understand a particular process:

I am married since August 2014 (Temporary Visa until Apr-15 and full Stamp 4 EUFAM since then). We are now negotiating a divorce. We both were living in the same address, working full time since we got married and none of us left the state for a long period of time (Only short holiday trips). The EU citizen is working and living in the state still.

Now, I am planning to apply for a retention (EU5 Form) as we are married for almost 5 years, in the state and paying all the taxes.

My questions are:

1. The chances to get the retention are pretty high, but how close to 100% this would be?
2. According to the naturalisation rules, I am eligible to apply for the citizenship in April-2020. Let’s say I get the retention permission by December-2019, this will have a positive-negative impact in my application? The period with the retention still counts to my citizenship process?

Appreciate if someone cold clarify this for me. Many thanks.

kupuser
Ireland

Re: Retention VISA and Citizenship [HELP]

Post by kupuser » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:18 am

heretofindmyself wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:10 am
Hi all,

I need some help to understand a particular process:

I am married since August 2014 (Temporary Visa until Apr-15 and full Stamp 4 EUFAM since then). We are now negotiating a divorce. We both were living in the same address, working full time since we got married and none of us left the state for a long period of time (Only short holiday trips). The EU citizen is working and living in the state still.

Now, I am planning to apply for a retention (EU5 Form) as we are married for almost 5 years, in the state and paying all the taxes.

My questions are:

1. The chances to get the retention are pretty high, but how close to 100% this would be?
2. According to the naturalisation rules, I am eligible to apply for the citizenship in April-2020. Let’s say I get the retention permission by December-2019, this will have a positive-negative impact in my application? The period with the retention still counts to my citizenship process?

Appreciate if someone cold clarify this for me. Many thanks.
Hi,

Assuming the info provided by you is true then I'd say the chances are 100% if you submit all documentation for the above facts.
If you successfully get a retention then yes your time on current permission will be counted and you won't lose any time towards your citizenship

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:34 am

yup you have high chances..

but it's to optimistic to think that you will get decision till Dec 2019. I Applied retention in Sep 2018 and still waiting.. will suggest to sort out your divorce ASAP and then submit the Eu5 application.. will also suggest don't submit EU 5 application without Decree of Divorce in Hand..

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:45 pm

Finalversion_2k as you mentioned, you applied for retention in 2018. Did you got a temperoray stamp while you are waiting?

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:26 am

Nope my current stamp is valid till 10/2019.. now I start getting little panic as it's just 3 and half month left and no response from them.. I was expecting to receive ther response till march 'as INIS mention on web decision will be done in 6 months' but now 3 months over..

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:34 pm

Hopefully you will get your reply. God forbid you will not receive an extension if your current stamp or not a reply from them regarding your application, in the worst scenario- will you be then not legal anymore in this country?

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:24 am

White_Pearl wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:34 pm
Hopefully you will get your reply. God forbid you will not receive an extension if your current stamp or not a reply from them regarding your application, in the worst scenario- will you be then not legal anymore in this country?
I know someone who applied in August 2018 and he received his response in April 2019. so I'm hopping I'll also response response near soon.. In worst case scenario before my permissions gt expire I'll request them to gv me permissions(temporary stamps) till decision so I can work & pay taxes.. if still I didn't heard anything from them then defo I'll not be legal anymore not because of my mistake, because of their slow processing.

heretofindmyself
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by heretofindmyself » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:20 am

Hi all!

Sorry the delay, I was offline during the last few weeks. Many thanks for your reply. I did start my divorce officially now. I have all documents ready to go as soon as I get the decree.

But...a friend was telling me that my citizenship is linked to my Stamp 4 EUFAM and I should stay married until APR-2020 when I can apply for the citizenship according to the calculator. I thought my citizenship was based in my 5 years as a full time tax contributor in the state.

Does anybody know if this info has any trace of veracity? I am worried now.

Many thanks!

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:37 am

First: Your citizenship application is link to your reckonable stamp(Stamp4EUF)..

Second: I don't think its good idea to stay married till 2020 and after applying Citizen then divorce.. if you will do this you will contradict to your marital Information on Citizenship application. they verify everything these days.

Solutions: 1. Stay Married till your citizen approve OR 2. get divorced apply retention and once it approve then apply for citizen.... you know your circumstances more the anyone so think and decide

lets see what other senior members suggest..