ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

psam
Newly Registered
India

Lost Life in Uk certi and travel after online application

Post by psam » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:43 pm

Hi,

Thanks immigrationboards.com for a wonderful site. It is really useful :D

I am applying for British citizenship after having ILR for 6 years. I have two questions:
  • I have lost my Life in UK pass certificate. If I mention that I do not have it in the cover letter, is that enough? Or is there a way to get another certificate issued? As far as I remember I did not use it for my ILR application. I just gave the exam as a precaution.
  • I want to keep my passport and BRP after doing the online application as I have couple of trips planned. Is it possible to keep the passport? Will ukvcas scan passport in the same day and give it back to me? If there are other options then please do let me know.
Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Lost Life in Uk certi and travel after online application

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:18 pm

I have lost my Life in UK pass certificate. If I mention that I do not have it in the cover letter, is that enough? Or is there a way to get another certificate issued? As far as I remember I did not use it for my ILR application. I just gave the exam as a precaution.
Get a duplicate from HO
Home Office lost pass letters
Telephone: 03001 232 253
I want to keep my passport and BRP after doing the online application as I have couple of trips planned. Is it possible to keep the passport? Will ukvcas scan passport in the same day and give it back to me? If there are other options then please do let me know.
No original docs will be taken. You are free to travel
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

psam
Newly Registered
India

Referee

Post by psam » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:32 am

Hi,

I am bit confused about how to satisfy following requirement for referee

Each referee should know the applicant personally.

For an adult application, one referee should be a person of any nationality who has
professional standing, eg minister of religion, civil servant, or a member of a
professional body e.g. accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this
application).

Will a software development manager, a colleague, working for a VAT registered company satisfy this requirement? He has masters in IT too.

Thanks,

zimba
Mood:

Re: Referee

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:22 pm

No, Not as a professional referee
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

R-graphite
Mood:

Re: Referee

Post by R-graphite » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:37 pm

If he is an engineer, he needs to be chartered. CEng
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.