ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date entered the UK and other countries lived in

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maz800
Newly Registered

Date entered the UK and other countries lived in

Post by maz800 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:04 pm

Hi
My wife is going to apply for ILR. But few issues related to online form questions is causing confusion. I would be grateful if the following questions are answered under the situation please.
Situation
My wife entered UK first in April 2011 on Tier 1 General dependent visa.
Then travelled to home country in Oct 2012.
1st entry clearance Visa expired on March 2013 while in home country.
Tier 1 General dependent entry clearance Visa applied from home country. Got that on August 2013.
Return the UK on August 2013.

1. Date you first entered the UK
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started.

Although the qualifying five year period starts from August 2013 but which date should be entered. April 2011 (1st entry) or August 2013 (2nd entry).

2. Other countries you lived in
I can understand that she need to mention her home country before April 2011 as she lived there since birth. But should she also add the time period spent from Oct 2012 to August 2013 in the same country.

Many Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Date entered the UK and other countries lived in

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:37 pm

maz800 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:04 pm
Hi
My wife is going to apply for ILR. But few issues related to online form questions is causing confusion. I would be grateful if the following questions are answered under the situation please.
Situation
My wife entered UK first in April 2011 on Tier 1 General dependent visa.
Then travelled to home country in Oct 2012.
1st entry clearance Visa expired on March 2013 while in home country.
Tier 1 General dependent entry clearance Visa applied from home country. Got that on August 2013.
Return the UK on August 2013.

1. Date you first entered the UK
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started. so Aug 2013

Although the qualifying five year period starts from August 2013 but which date should be entered. April 2011 (1st entry) or August 2013 (2nd entry).

2. Other countries you lived in
I can understand that she need to mention her home country before April 2011 as she lived there since birth. But should she also add the time period spent from Oct 2012 to August 2013 in the same country.
Yes

Many Thanks
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.