ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Upload & Question on Absence date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aja

Passport Upload & Question on Absence date

Post by aja » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:59 pm

Hello,

I am assuming we will have to upload the scanned copies of passport in the sopra steria system.

1) Do we have to scan All the pages including blank pages in the passport or only the pages that have Visa stamps and Immigration entry / exit stamps please ?

2) I have 2 passports, first one expired in 2011, should i scan that as well ?

3) Can All the scanned pages of the passport be made into a single PDF doc and be used for upload ?

Question on absence date :

I have a gap of 2 days between visa issue date and arrival into UK, should this be mentioned anywhere in the application at all ?

aplinhar
Mood:
Brazil

Re: Passport Upload & Question on Absence date

Post by aplinhar » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:57 pm

Hi,

Based on my current experience (last month's application):
1) I didn't scan blank pages and they end up scanning at the appointment, but only for the current passport.
2) Yes, as it contains part of your travel history (I suppose) and the previous visa. The instruction says that you must present all travel doccument used during the qualifying period for your ILR (I didn't submit a very old passport).
3) Yes, no problem.

You don't need to explain the time between your visa issue and when you entered, but it counts towards the 180 days per year limit. I suppose if you exceeded the limit then you need to explain yourself anyways.

Hope it helps. (not an expert...jut someone that got a lot of help from here and did everything smoothly because of it).

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:53 am

Do not scan empty pages. Do not upload passports that are not relevant to your application
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

aja

Post by aja » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:59 am

Many Thanks @aplinhar and @Zimba

I will scan only the current passport and upload.
Will take the old passport to sopra steria and if they need, can scan from there.

Thanks again.