ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visa Passport not returned yet!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

getmefive
Newly Registered
India

UK Visa Passport not returned yet!!

Post by getmefive » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:32 am

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right place to raise this query. I have applied for UK Visa (Visitor Type 6 months Standard) in Chennai on May 23rd 2019. I received an email that a decision has been made on 16th June (Sunday). I was expecting to receive the passport on the next working days. Its been 2 days and I have not received any email from VFS Global or received any sms. I called their paid customer care twice and they were not of much help. Please note that this is not my first time applying for UK Visa. I have had my earlier visas applications approved twice successfully and always got the passport back on time. I am afraid that they have lost my passport. Can someone let me know if this delay for collection is normal ? Thanks in advance.

newbie0203
India

Re: UK Visa Passport not returned yet!!

Post by newbie0203 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:58 am

getmefive wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:32 am
Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right place to raise this query. I have applied for UK Visa (Visitor Type 6 months Standard) in Chennai on May 23rd 2019. I received an email that a decision has been made on 16th June (Sunday). I was expecting to receive the passport on the next working days. Its been 2 days and I have not received any email from VFS Global or received any sms. I called their paid customer care twice and they were not of much help. Please note that this is not my first time applying for UK Visa. I have had my earlier visas applications approved twice successfully and always got the passport back on time. I am afraid that they have lost my passport. Can someone let me know if this delay for collection is normal ? Thanks in advance.
You are lucky that at least you received notifications at every stage. I did not get any notifications even after paying for SMS. Did biometrics on 28th but still waiting to hear. Seems there is a spike in applications due to Cricket World Cup and Summer vacations and hence the delays.

Fingers crossed, you will get your passport soon.

BTW can you check your VFS appointment if it says 'You did not attend the appointment'? It shows that for me on VFS website when I checked - not sure how as biometrics were provided on 28th and we have receipt for same from VFS.

getmefive
Newly Registered
India

Post by getmefive » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:36 am

Hey, thank you for the response. It did show me that I have attended the appointment.

newbie0203
India

Post by newbie0203 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:45 am

getmefive wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:36 am
Hey, thank you for the response. It did show me that I have attended the appointment.
Thanks for your response.

Did you pay for Courier? If yes, why not try tracking on BlueDart website with your reference number?

htanya
Newly Registered
Qatar

Post by htanya » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:45 pm

Like newbie0203 said, you are lucky you have actually received some correspondences from them and it's only been 2 working days for you.
I applied on 2nd May (from VFS Doha Qatar), I got "visa dispatched" email on 29th May from UK Visa hub Croydon, its been 3 weeks and neither VFS nor UKVI are helpful about why my passport is not ready for collection yet. I have gone to VFS at least 6 times in the past 3 weeks, til the manager gave me a "Complaints" email address to write the Home Office on. I sent an email complaining and got an automated "Expect a reply within 20 days" reply. I called the paid UKVI helpline and their feedback was "As far as I can see a decision was reached & all I can do is escalate but it can take up to 15 days."

Long story short - I have no idea where my passport is or when I will get it back. I hope you get yours asap but if its not absolutely necessary - don't book any flights. You may be disappointed.