ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost Life in the UK test results - only photo copy

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cliffyiu2
Newly Registered
Canada

Lost Life in the UK test results - only photo copy

Post by cliffyiu2 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:44 am

Hi there

First time posted however long time user of this forum :)

I am due to apply for my naturalisation in October, as I'll have had ILR for one year at that stage.

During a move earlier this year, I lost my Life in UK test results, and now only have a photo copy.

I called the HO today on 03001 232 253 and they said to include a cover letter, with my photocopy of my pass result and my email confirmation from the test centre of when I took the test, and that should be fine, but in typical HO fashion wouldn't tell me that it would definitely be ok.

I don't want to risk the application fee if it's not going to go through, does anyone have any advice for me or what I can do to provide more info that I passed my LIUK test??

Thank you to everyone in advance!

guru1s

Re: Lost Life in the UK test results - only photo copy

Post by guru1s » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:30 am

cliffyiu2 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:44 am
Hi there

First time posted however long time user of this forum :)

I am due to apply for my naturalisation in October, as I'll have had ILR for one year at that stage.

During a move earlier this year, I lost my Life in UK test results, and now only have a photo copy.

I called the HO today on 03001 232 253 and they said to include a cover letter, with my photocopy of my pass result and my email confirmation from the test centre of when I took the test, and that should be fine, but in typical HO fashion wouldn't tell me that it would definitely be ok.

I don't want to risk the application fee if it's not going to go through, does anyone have any advice for me or what I can do to provide more info that I passed my LIUK test??

Thank you to everyone in advance!

When I have passed my LIUK test I have been told if I lose it, I have to re-do the exam, as they do not have a copy of the letter...

cliffyiu2
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by cliffyiu2 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:41 am

Thanks for the reply! I understand this is the case for ILR, but I was hoping because I already used the LIUK test results for my ILR application last year, they'd already have it on their system and a photo copy of the result with the test ID could suffice...

hermanthegerman
Germany

Post by hermanthegerman » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:00 pm

If you apply through Sopra Steria you only upload a scanned copy so they would not be able to tell the difference. You can always write to them later IF they request the original but so far I have not seen a single post on this forum with the HO requesting to see originals of anything scanned at Sopra Steria so you are pretty safe.

cliffyiu2
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by cliffyiu2 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:43 pm

Thank you!! Excuse my ignorance/stupidity...Sopa Steria is what they call the online upload system?

Do we need to bring all of our original docs to the UKCVAS biometrics appointment, and if so, will they ask for it there?

hermanthegerman
Germany

Post by hermanthegerman » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:55 pm

It’s the company that runs these appointments. They do not want to see any originals except your passport.

cliffyiu2
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by cliffyiu2 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:00 pm

Thank you for this, super helpful!

TammyLynn
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by TammyLynn » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:16 pm

cliffyiu2 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:43 pm
Thank you!! Excuse my ignorance/stupidity...Sopa Steria is what they call the online upload system?

Do we need to bring all of our original docs to the UKCVAS biometrics appointment, and if so, will they ask for it there?
Yes, Sopra is where you upload your supporting documents. I took all of the original documents with me to my Sopra appointment just in case there was a problem with the uploaded documents. There weren't any problems and they only asked for my passport.

Good luck!

mashayekh_hosein

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:01 pm

Note that point 7.33 of Government statement of changes to immigration rules, effective from 1 October 2019, now states that: "applicants are no longer required to provide original documents as proof of passing the ‘Life in the UK’ test but need instead only to provide the unique reference number for checking."

Point 7.33 in:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _PRINT.pdf