ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

From a Fiancee Visa to Spouse Visa in the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Luna10
Newly Registered
Cuba

Post by Luna10 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:58 pm

Hello!

I´m in the UK with a Fiancee visa. I just got married a couple of weeks ago and we want to apply for a spouse visa.

1- Am I correct in thinking that we need a "switch" from a Fiancee visa to a Spouse visa?

2- The application form asks for 6 pieces of documentation with our names and address on them. As I´ve only been in the UK on my Fiancee visa for a few months I don´t have documentation with my name and new address on. Has anyone had this problem before? How did they overcome it?

Any help much appreciated

Casa

Re: From a Fiancee Visa to Spouse Visa in the UK

Post by Casa » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:13 pm

Luna10 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:58 pm
Hello!

I´m in the UK with a Fiancee visa. I just got married a couple of weeks ago and we want to apply for a spouse visa.

1- Am I correct in thinking that we need a "switch" from a Fiancee visa to a Spouse visa? Yes, a 2.5 year FLR(M) visa.

2- The application form asks for 6 pieces of documentation with our names and address on them. As I´ve only been in the UK on my Fiancee visa for a few months I don´t have documentation with my name and new address on. Has anyone had this problem before? How did they overcome it? Not relevant when switching from a fiance visa. You simply are required to submit evidence of joint address as current proof of co-habitation.

(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Luna10
Newly Registered
Cuba

Post by Luna10 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:35 am

Sorry but filling the form we came across this questions about 6 piece of proof of address and we aren’t sure what to do. We have to mark that we will provide the documents or we can’t countinue with the form online 🤷🏻‍♀️. We were wondering if this is the right form to fill in for switching from fiancée visa to spouse visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:40 am

Simply tick and provide anything you have. FLR M is the correct form.
Casa wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:13 pm
Luna10 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:58 pm
Hello!

1- Am I correct in thinking that we need a "switch" from a Fiancee visa to a Spouse visa? Yes, a 2.5 year FLR(M) visa.

2- The application form asks for 6 pieces of documentation with our names and address on them. As I´ve only been in the UK on my Fiancee visa for a few months I don´t have documentation with my name and new address on. Has anyone had this problem before? How did they overcome it? Not relevant when switching from a fiance visa. You simply are required to submit evidence of joint address as current proof of co-habitation.

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Luna10
Newly Registered
Cuba

Post by Luna10 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:38 am

Hi!

Do I need the Appendix 2 to switch from a fiance visa to spouse visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:38 am

Luna10 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:38 am
Hi!

Do I need the Appendix 2 to switch from a fiance visa to spouse visa?
No! The FLR(M) form has the whole section for the financial requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.