ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

List of documents to be presented to local Garda immigration with EU4FAM approval letter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

joanfar
Philippines

List of documents to be presented to local Garda immigration with EU4FAM approval letter

Post by joanfar » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:17 pm

Good day to you folks,

I received my EU4FAM approval letter (EU1 application) this week , INIS has dated it 13th of June as the approval date. I read, and reread the letter to make sure that I don't miss anything on what to bring upon asking my local Garda immigration for the proper stamp on my passport. My local Garda immigration has a first come, first served basis policy. So we went today with my EU Citizen husband, his passport, my passport and the approval letter as it clearly stated that I only need these 3 documents in order for an immigration officer to endorse my passport with the EU4FAM stamp. But lo and behold, when we eventually were seen by the immigration officer (after an hour of waiting and another of getting there), we were told that my approval letter from INIS has not been received by their office yet and she said it normally takes 3 weeks for them to receive such letter and was told that she cannot give me an endorsement without that said letter. Fair enough, I get that. What we don't get is, she said we will need to provide more documents for her to do so in addition to the letter and our passports. And so, she gave us a printed list (a photocopied list with no indication whatsoever from whom or which authority this said list had come from). We would understand of course if there is some kind of hidden rule about this but so far as my husband and I know and are aware of, there is no such thing. Please, someone enlighten us.

Corw

Re: List of documents to be presented to local Garda immigration with EU4FAM approval letter

Post by Corw » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:49 pm

same things local garda immigration office demanding from us She is asking a bunch of papers on the presentation day. its so weird

White_Pearl
Ireland

Re: List of documents to be presented to local Garda immigration with EU4FAM approval letter

Post by White_Pearl » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:59 pm

They can ask as many documents as they wish

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:46 pm

I disagree that they could ask for anything they like. That is nonsense.

The Immigration European communities regulation 2015 and directive 2004/38 is what governs the right of people exercising treaty rights in Ireland.

Regional immigration unit can ask for evidence to satisfy themselves that a person resides in their area, but reasonable proof should suffice.

In some unit, they are asking for treaty evidence, property lease even for people who are not renting, and demanding it be provided or they will not register the individual. That is clearly outrageous, they are going outside their remit.

The regulations did not provide that residence card application should be dealt with by the local immigration, it provides exclusively and without a doubt, that residence card application should be made to the minister. It is wrong and someone needs to protest strongly.

Wrong practices should not be tolerated but must be repelled.

In remember due the treaty right crisis prior to Metock, many people were complaining that they have been refused as the minister said they never resided lawfully in another member state prior to coming to ireland. Many people came on this forum resigning their fate to the minister.

It took fight, without which EU rights would have still being infringed to this day.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:48 am

Garda can ask whatever they want. In another post I had the same question and I also sent a letter of complaint to INIS asking why do we have to ask all these document.

ireland/stamp-4-on-passport-t282243.html

Read what I've sent and the response of the INIS officer!!

Bottom line for me personally? If you want to get the stamp without problems, give them what they want. You will receive help from nowhere. If someone had the same problems and complaint and got justice, by all means do tell us how but otherwise from personal experience just give them what they want and get it over with.

joanfar
Philippines

Post by joanfar » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:09 am

Obie wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:46 pm
I disagree that they could ask for anything they like. That is nonsense.

The Immigration European communities regulation 2015 and directive 2004/38 is what governs the right of people exercising treaty rights in Ireland.

Regional immigration unit can ask for evidence to satisfy themselves that a person resides in their area, but reasonable proof should suffice.

In some unit, they are asking for treaty evidence, property lease even for people who are not renting, and demanding it be provided or they will not register the individual. That is clearly outrageous, they are going outside their remit.

The regulations did not provide that residence card application should be dealt with by the local immigration, it provides exclusively and without a doubt, that residence card application should be made to the minister. It is wrong and someone needs to protest strongly.

Wrong practices should not be tolerated but must be repelled.

In remember due the treaty right crisis prior to Metock, many people were complaining that they have been refused as the minister said they never resided lawfully in another member state prior to coming to ireland. Many people came on this forum resigning their fate to the minister.

It took fight, without which EU rights would have still being infringed to this day.
My husband's sentiment exactly. We wouldn't be asking these questions if such directive/ regulations are clearly stated in the letter provided on what the local garda immigration are supposed to be doing. They're asking for more documents such as letter from the EU citizen's employer dated in the past week (again), last 3 months payslip and P60 when in fact we just sent these same documents to the minister just a few weeks ago before they gave the approval letter and only the 2 latest payslips not 3 months. I know I might sound like I'm complaining about such petty things but that's not the point. These same type of documents (along with other documents asked such as proof of address) were provided to the same local garda immigration officer a few months ago when I got my temporary stamp as well as the temporary IRP card. It just doesn't make any sense. First time registration perhaps, I can see the point of doing this but subsequent visits and a letter with the approval from the Minister? It's just overkill and designed to deter people from going back over and over again to the immigration office especially for those who live far away.

joanfar
Philippines

Post by joanfar » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:15 am

Myself_andI wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:48 am
Garda can ask whatever they want. In another post I had the same question and I also sent a letter of complaint to INIS asking why do we have to ask all these document.

ireland/stamp-4-on-passport-t282243.html

Read what I've sent and the response of the INIS officer!!

Bottom line for me personally? If you want to get the stamp without problems, give them what they want. You will receive help from nowhere. If someone had the same problems and complaint and got justice, by all means do tell us how but otherwise from personal experience just give them what they want and get it over with.
Oh yes, I have read your post alright. We can provide all the necessary documents they're asking, no problem. But my question is , is what they're doing really legal? Where is it written anywhere? I mean with proper authorization from whom? which office? We would like to know who to contact regarding this matter really for clarification since as you've pointed out the INIS officer you got the response from was just basically bow to whatever the local garda immigration asks. Do they have more power than the minister?

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:29 am

According to what people with more experience are saying here, no they don't have more power from the minister. But the problem is that noone gives a f@@@. My next best choice I guess, it would be a lawyer but then again if INIS are saying it's none of our business, do you really want to go all through that? I don't know.

To my understanding, INIS has left GARDA to function as an independent unit and they don't care what happens.

We have our appointment to collect the stamp and card this Sunday. The folder with documents I am to submit is as big as the one I sent to INIS. I am submitting exactly the same documents and add some.

But at the end of the day I just want my wife to get the card and I can say that I've tried to complain but no one gives a F@@@ so that's that.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:07 pm

I wonder what County is it? If it's a very small county then maybe they are not aware of the rules?

My friend was asked to pay 300 euros for GNIB card but when he told them it's EU Treaty application again then officer said and what? Then person told him the rule that there is no charge then Gardai made a phone call and confirmed they don't have to pay.

joanfar
Philippines

Post by joanfar » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:25 pm

masterboy123 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:07 pm
I wonder what County is it? If it's a very small county then maybe they are not aware of the rules?

My friend was asked to pay 300 euros for GNIB card but when he told them it's EU Treaty application again then officer said and what? Then person told him the rule that there is no charge then Gardai made a phone call and confirmed they don't have to pay.
We are in Galway county. It's a pretty big county but yes, we wonder if they don't get many EUTR applications round here too.

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:16 pm

joanfar wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:25 pm
masterboy123 wrote:

We are in Galway county. It's a pretty big county but yes, we wonder if they don't get many EUTR applications round here too.
We are in Kildare. They must have similar cases but I am sure they have a check list and they stick to it so their life will be easier. That and the fact that they have no one to answer to.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:25 am

When I got my Stamp4EUFAM for 5 years I was in Waterford city and just had to bring my EU spouse and our passports along with decision letter from EU Treaty office. No questions or documents were asked.

I am waiting for EU3 approval at the moment and will see if local Garda office will request for further documentations.

Ramsz
Ireland

Post by Ramsz » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:33 am

How long you been waiting for Eu3 approval?

Ramsz
Ireland

Post by Ramsz » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:35 am

masterboy123 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:25 am
When I got my Stamp4EUFAM for 5 years I was in Waterford city and just had to bring my EU spouse and our passports along with decision letter from EU Treaty office. No questions or documents were asked.

I am waiting for EU3 approval at the moment and will see if local Garda office will request for further documentations.

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:21 pm

joanfar wrote:
masterboy123 wrote:

We’ve got our stamp 4 card today. The officer was nicer than last time.she also said we will have no problem getting the Stamp 4 fam cause all papers are in order.

We gave them lots of papers on my end.from my wife they just took the RTB letter.
From me they took whatever I submitted to the INIS,lots.

I’ve said that the papers i am giving you are the same i have submitted to the government and the reply was that the immigration officer can ask whichever documents they seem fit.

joanfar
Philippines

Post by joanfar » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:04 pm

Myself_andI wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:21 pm
joanfar wrote:
masterboy123 wrote:

We’ve got our stamp 4 card today. The officer was nicer than last time.she also said we will have no problem getting the Stamp 4 fam cause all papers are in order.

We gave them lots of papers on my end.from my wife they just took the RTB letter.
From me they took whatever I submitted to the INIS,lots.

I’ve said that the papers i am giving you are the same i have submitted to the government and the reply was that the immigration officer can ask whichever documents they seem fit.
Thanks for the update. One of the documents that they're asking again at our local immigration office is another letter from employer dated the last week. We did this the last time. So whatever we just sent INIS at the beginning of this month is no longer valid to them. To think that this is not for a temporary stamp 4. This is for the 5-year EUFAM4 stamp.

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:21 pm

I am just updating the finalization of the procedure of Stamp 4. Inis is up to date with my documentation

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:49 am

7.5 months now. They said I should get response by end of October
Ramsz wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:33 am

Bippin
Malaysia

Post by Bippin » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:23 am

Hi
If you think you were mistreated then you could send email to eujustice.ie then if still not work out then try Solvit,that is what I did with HO in UK long times ago.

Plus Galway ,my first app on EU permit applied there but Garda didn't have a clue what it was ,as main applications on daily basis he is dealing with every single day is stamp bla bla for Brazilian whose living here, my local Garda is expertise in this type of visa ,but definitely not an EU one. My permanent resident card was stamp in a very simply way ,Garda here didn't bother to ask anything even he hadn't received a letter from department I just showed my one to him then he stamp, that's it.

joanfar
Philippines

Post by joanfar » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:04 am

Bippin wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:23 am
Hi
If you think you were mistreated then you could send email to eujustice.ie then if still not work out then try Solvit,that is what I did with HO in UK long times ago.

Plus Galway ,my first app on EU permit applied there but Garda didn't have a clue what it was ,as main applications on daily basis he is dealing with every single day is stamp bla bla for Brazilian whose living here, my local Garda is expertise in this type of visa ,but definitely not an EU one. My permanent resident card was stamp in a very simply way ,Garda here didn't bother to ask anything even he hadn't received a letter from department I just showed my one to him then he stamp, that's it.
Wow! I wish all local Garda immigration have the same guidelines on how to deal with EUTR applications. There won't be any confusion, no complaints and it would even make everyone's lives easier. Thanks for your input!