ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence from the state

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

woffinvole
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Absence from the state

Post by woffinvole » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:29 am

Hi all. My husband has been issued a temp stamp 4 while we are waiting on the decision of his EUFam4 application (he is non EU) We have been told all docs have been submitted as requested by them and we now need to wait until Oct/Nov. My questions are:

1. In Oct/Nov is it likely they can come back and ask for more up to date or additional documents even if they said we have now provided everything?

2. Are they (INIS) able to track our movements in and out of the state? I am EU so my passport is not stamped so I guess I am untraceable? My husband is however stamped on re entry back into Ireland - could they ask him how long he had been absent for, either at the border in the airport or by INIS - basically are his movements watched!?? If we now stay out of the state for a number of months will they somehow know? We will of course keep our house, bills etc in Ireland as we do live here (my post will be checked too). The reason I ask is that I am a freelance worker and have been offered work outside of Ireland and would perhaps only come back to Ireland twice a month (my husband will join me too).

Any experiences I am glad to hear about!

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Re: Absence from the state

Post by Finepaddy » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:52 am

No one is untraceable, u might not get stamped on ur passport but with few clicks they will find out exact in out dates so I know exactly what u trying to ask so dont do it.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:09 am

You are not traced by a stamp on your passport. That was back in the early 20th century. We have computer systems now.

All outbound flights are saved in the PNR in the airline database and the government can request to see PNR in certain scenarios (residence, tax purposes, naturalisation etc).

For inbound flights, virtually all passports are machine readable. Most of them are also biometric (meaning they have a chip). When you come into Ireland they scan your passport and immediately your information is saved in their system.

You will lose your 4EUFAM stamp if you are ordinarily resident in a different country.

woffinvole
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by woffinvole » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:53 am

Ok, thanks all. Seems I will talk to INIS directly so :). Honesty is the best policy etc. etc :) Enjoy the weekend.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:05 am

@woffinvole: you can be untraceable but they can trace your husband easily.. remember in order to hack something, first you should know the system.

what instead of travelling on your Bio-metric passport if you Use your travel_ID I mean 'travelling card' I know some of colleague in my office they used that instead of bringing their passport every where on holidays.. by this you will be untraceable I believe.. I also heard you can travel on your European driving license as well as it came into ID category.. as I never saw anyone so I don't believe this.. :)

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:40 pm

You can travel on eu id card into europe and also in some countries outside eu. Not on a european driving license... i will it out very soon, and will update.... :P
I usually travel on eu id card rather than passport. Is easier to carry :)
Id cards are not scanned, or machine read.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:12 pm

White_Pearl wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:40 pm
You can travel on eu id card into europe and also in some countries outside eu. Not on a european driving license... i will it out very soon, and will update.... :P
I usually travel on eu id card rather than passport. Is easier to carry :)
Id cards are not scanned, or machine read.
Yeah when u book flight tell them to book under 007 name.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen: