ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need some advice please

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

discount1
Newly Registered
Ireland

need some advice please

Post by discount1 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:23 am

Hello,
i have one issue and i hope someone will advise me on this. here is my story
I married my partner in islamic cermoney in a mosque in london in 2015 and have that certificate from imam and have one child who is 3.5 years old. in 2016 we moved to ireland and applied on the basis of unmarried partners using EU1A form since that islamic marriage was not recognised in ireland. i got temporary stamp 4 in after few months and then in mid 2017 got my stamp4eufam. i travelled to my home country where i went a local council office and registered my marriage on the basis of my islamic marriage held in london. so on certificate date of marriage is 2015 and date of registration is 2017.i have not informed INIS about this as i have been looking for information regarding change of circumstances and i have found nothing about this on their website or on other forum.
here are my few questions.

do i need to inform INIS about this ?
does it fall in category of change of circumstances?
if i have to inform them do i need to apply again usin form eu1 ?
do they recognise marriages registered in council in Pakistan?
even if they recognise from what date they will consider us to be married i.e 2015 or 2017 ?
is it too late to let them know ?

Many thanks in advance

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Re: need some advice please

Post by Finepaddy » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:19 pm

U got married in 2015 but u registered it in 2017.
It's ok these thing happen all the time. Once u have explanation then no problem and no u dont have to inform inis for this let them sleep in peace.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

discount1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by discount1 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:34 pm

thanks for your reply
the reason i want to be recognised as married because my relationship with my wife is not going good at the moment. though we are still togther but i fear it might breakdown so if i am treated as married then i can apply for retention . i have heard that unmarried partners don't have right of retention if their relationship breaks down with their eu partner

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:55 pm

get a computerised Nadra marriage cert, attested from ministery of foreign affairs.
Marriage date from 2015 will count as married...and not the registration date.