ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship & travel back home

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Perfect1
Newly Registered
India

British Citizenship & travel back home

Post by Perfect1 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:47 pm

Dear Admin/Moderators and users,

Hope all of you fit and fine.

I have a question and answer required in detail please.

If a person got asylum then ILR as a refugee and then British Citizenship already lost his nationality from back home.

After British citizenship she/he want travel back home for very special occasions. Is it harmful for British citizenship because got refugee status and have had bad situation back home.

Is visit back home trigger review on status.

I read home office policy there are 2 main reason to lead revoke

1- Mainly National security
2- Gain citizenship with fraud

Basically once person flee from country because of ill treatment and fear of prosecution and visit back home rise question about credibility of asylum.

But incase someone short visit to sell property and want bring his capital in uk or in case of someone from parents in critical situation.

Is home office deal person with same way as disbelieve.

May you please advise urgent.

Thanks a lot

zimba
Mood:

Re: British Citizenship & travel back home

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:36 pm

If you were granted refugee status it is possible because you claimed your life was in danger back home and you cannot return. If you travel back later, then your original asylum claim is presumed to have been false
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Perfect1
Newly Registered
India

Post by Perfect1 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:21 pm

Dose anyone have experience this practice

Please inform

Refugees786
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Refugees786 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:30 pm

Hi Dear! My friend from Zimbabwe who claimed asylum in the UK after getting british passport, she visited own country Zimbabwe 3 times on visit visa and she had no problem with immigration officer. She applied for visit visa because Zimbabwe not allow dual nationality. According to Home office guidelines if someone naturalised as a british and after naturalisation automatically refugee status finished and you are not anymore refugee in the UK.

Perfect1
Newly Registered
India

Post by Perfect1 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:17 pm

It’s meaning if someone travel back home on British passport and visit visa will be fine

Also need to cancel previous country nationality

Refugees786
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Refugees786 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:41 pm

You can visit your country on visit visa but no need to cancel your country nationality. But don’t renew your country passport or nationality. Renewal is not good. Some country don’t accept dual nationality. Some county allow dual nationality. UK accept dual nationality

Perfect1
Newly Registered
India

Post by Perfect1 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:36 am

Thanks a lot share your knowledge

Anyone else who have experience about it because I want make it sure before take any step

Do not want any trouble in future which lead things towards uncertainty and make me insecure

It’s true life is not safe back home but sometimes need to travel for short while and surprise visit is possible I mean 1 week visit and run back to uk

Hope home office understand situation of refugees and deal them lightly

In some cases if surprise and short visit is possible

Please share information as much as you guys have

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:31 pm

I think it is fine to travel back home after getting BC &this is what I will do once get it.Many refugees do this way.HO returns national passport means you are no more a refugee as you have BC &it also indicates that you can regain your nationality because simply you are not a refugee anymore.There is no rule that can deprive you visiting home country .HO knows that very well that ex refugees have to visit families after getting BC.Well if HO questions a refugee about fraud the refugee can prove that he visited his home country and if there is any threat he will seek help from his national authorities means UK.It is not a big issue.No refugee in the world can live without families you have to see your loved ones.HO knows that very well hence if your reason to travel back home is genuine like visiting ill parent they can allow you even on refugee leave.An ex refugee can travel back home this is what many lawyers say and many ex refugees do.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:18 pm

The rules allow HO to revoke your citizenship. Because some people travelled home after becoming British does not mean your case will not be reviewed. Most refugees claim that their lives are in danger back home and so if they travel back home to marry, sell a house, visit family, etc, they prove to the HO that their original claim was fraudulent. Making a false refugee claim to simply stay in the UK makes life much more difficult for genuine refugees who need protection and therefore HO has the power to prevent abuse when proven which includes revocation of your British nationality
Where a former refugee, who has been naturalised, is found to have obtained refugee status by deception or where they have engaged in conduct which would have brought them within the scope of the exclusion clauses, then the Home Office may review that person’s continuing entitlement to British Citizenship. Cases must initially be referred to the Status Review Unit
(SRU) for consideration.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _0_EXT.pdf
Exclusion from the Refugee Convention
339AA. This paragraph applies where the Secretary of State is satisfied that the person should have been or is excluded from being a refugee in accordance with regulation 7 of The Refugee or Person in Need of International Protection (Qualification) Regulations 2006.
As regards the application of Article 1F of the Refugee Convention, this paragraph also applies where the Secretary of State is satisfied that the person has instigated or otherwise participated in the crimes or acts mentioned therein.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... -11-asylum
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:06 pm

Read this please carefully. If an ex refugee who was a refugee due to a war travels back home after BC when there is no war anymore or situation is better his BC cant be revoked &he is right .Same if a political refugee travels back home after BC &the govt.that he fears is changed his BC cant be revoked.So every individual has different &specific situation .Many refugees travel back home after BC .Authorities revoke refugee status sometimes on it but never heard anything about citizenship being revoked.

Refugees786
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Refugees786 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:19 pm

Hi respected members! One of my friend is barrister in East Midlands Tribunal and I inquired from him and he told me that he couldn’t find ex Refugee cases who got Uk citizenship and visited their home country, never had been faced any problem on return. He said only rare case are those who were threat for national security, specially foreign criminal cases and their cases were reviewed by SRU and SIA for removal of status and most commonly deprivation of citizenship.

Scorpio111
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Scorpio111 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:38 pm

Hi: Mr Zimba! Please don’t create panic situation among ex refugee. They already faced many hardships in their asylum case processing and they are very brave people and they can challenge every situation. God bless.

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:04 pm

Scorpio
You are exactly right.Zimba is just scaring refugees.
If a refugee cant go back home after BC then there will be no refugee in this world.When you have BC you are like other british citizens who can travel anywhere.HO is not worried about your fear as you have BC and if anything happens you can seek british help.I will urge all who think a refugee cant travel even after BC should do some search & then find truth.When a refugee is no more a refugee then of course he can travel home country hence thats the reason HO happily returns national passport knowing that he is no more a refugee.This is simple.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:52 pm

Deprivation and nullity of British citizenship: nationality policy guidance
HO has the power to deprive you of your British nationality if it turns out you claimed asylum via deception and I supported my claim with evidence. You also cannot get British consular protection if you go back to your home country so learn a little on what being a dual national means. You should have nothing to worry if you have NOT made a deceptive/fraudulent claim on an asylum application or your claims were genuine when you made them.I lock this post now as the discussion is going off topic.