ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewal GNIB EU Fam stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bill2019
Newly Registered
Ireland

Renewal GNIB EU Fam stamp 4

Post by Bill2019 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:03 am

Hi there,

We are looking into getting the documents and application ready to renew my Gnib card. when we applied 4 years ago my Eu spouse was working and I got a GNIB EU stamp 4 card

My wife has been working on and off and she is now a stay at home mom, but I am working fulltime. And we have a great amount saved in a joint savings account. However we didn't have healthcare insurance during the periods that we were living off our savings. And now we are afraid that our application will get rejected.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Renewal GNIB EU Fam stamp 4

Post by littlerr » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:56 am

So what is your question?
If you didn’t have health insurance, you didn’t have it. Try to explain that in your application and make it clear that you now have it. You can stress that no matter how difficult your situation was back then, you did not rely on state funds (I hope you didn’t) and you worked hard to get your life back together.

Bill2019
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Renewal GNIB EU Fam stamp 4

Post by Bill2019 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:50 pm

Hi thank you for your reply.

Yes, I am worried about the fact that we didn't have health insurance. We used to go to gp and just pay.
We never had social welfare payments and relied on our savings.

I always wondered if medical card falls under state fund because it's mean tested like Working family payment?