ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent! Tier 1 5K to ILR interview

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

langlin092688
Newly Registered
China

Urgent! Tier 1 5K to ILR interview

Post by langlin092688 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:31 pm

I got a phone call from HO last week and have been told that they will visit my office to do the inspection. I am now preparing my interview. I was wondering that are they going to ask me to provide any documents during the interview? or are they going to see my computer? Can I check the documents or computer if I can't remember some information?

Any suggestions would be very appreciated!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Urgent! Tier 1 5K to ILR interview

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:36 pm

langlin092688 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:31 pm
I got a phone call from HO last week and have been told that they will visit my office to do the inspection. I am now preparing my interview. I was wondering that are they going to ask me to provide any documents during the interview? or are they going to see my computer? Can I check the documents or computer if I can't remember some information?

Definitely they will ask you documents to prove whatever you tell them. Invoices, contracts, employee contracts, expenditure receipts etc etc. They can ask you each and every thing.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

HMG
Egypt

Post by HMG » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:16 pm

langlin092688 wrote:

Wish you all the best with your interview. Can you please provide your timeline? Did you have an interview in the initial or extension application?

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:20 pm

First of all Do not panic as its not going to help but make matters worst
They are just coming to make sure you are doing business what you claimed in VAF.

Be precise in answers
answer question that are being asked . Speaking more than required means giving them chance to ask you more questions about same topic.

If you are a genuine business . I dont think you should worry at all

Best of luck

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:22 pm

langlin092688 wrote:

Lol..The MI6 is not coming for you. Relax! Of course you can check ur computer to confirm any answers. But some answers ought to be on the top of your head e.g Was your business in profit?

natsha
United States of America

Post by natsha » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:09 am

When did you apply? Time line.
Also last month some one shares interviews details you can have a look and get idea what they gonna ask you.

Amjadalisarobi

Post by Amjadalisarobi » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:04 am

Hope you will be fine with interview , can you please share your time line and when they call you for interview and when is your interview ( the gap between the call and interview )

langlin092688
Newly Registered
China

Post by langlin092688 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:29 am

Thank you guys! I really appreciate it! Me and my son applied ILR on 18 Oce 2018 and my solicitor received a phone call from HO on 1th April 2019 and asked where is my husband and why he didn't apply visa with us and if he agreed that my son applied with me. We provided a consent letter from my husband on 4th April 2019. Then I received a complex letter on 15th April 2019.

Thursday last week, which is 20th June 2019, I received a phone call that notify me they are going to come to visit my office on 3th July 2019.I was surprised because they use a mobile phone to call me. I was driving so she didn't tell me the details. She said she will send a email to me and I need to reply the email. But up to now, I didn't receive any email from HO. My solicitor called HO yesterday to ask when they will come and when we can receive the email. But HO didn't say anything she just ask us to wait...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:34 am

langlin092688 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:29 am
Thank you guys! I really appreciate it! Me and my son applied ILR on 18 Oce 2018 and my solicitor received a phone call from HO on 1th April 2019 and asked where is my husband and why he didn't apply visa with us and if he agreed that my son applied with me. We provided a consent letter from my husband on 4th April 2019. Then I received a complex letter on 15th April 2019.

Thursday last week, which is 20th June 2019, I received a phone call that notify me they are going to come to visit my office on 3th July 2019.I was surprised because they use a mobile phone to call me. I was driving so she didn't tell me the details. She said she will send a email to me and I need to reply the email. But up to now, I didn't receive any email from HO. My solicitor called HO yesterday to ask when they will come and when we can receive the email. But HO didn't say anything she just ask us to wait...
The compliance officer calls from the mobile number. It is normal. Myself (my interview was at extension stage NOT ILR) including many other members have received calls from mobile numbers.

Be prepared, I already shared my experience in another post plus some suggestions for ILR interview. Also, for ILR, they will focus more on your employee questions. Goodluck!

And btw why did your husband not apply? Is he your dependent?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

langlin092688
Newly Registered
China

Post by langlin092688 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:37 am

Thank you for your advice. My husband is not in the UK. He works in another country.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:55 am

langlin092688 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:37 am
Thank you for your advice. My husband is not in the UK. He works in another country.
Has your husband also got a dependent visa?

How did you get a child PBS visa without the father? The rules don't permit this and the same rules would apply to ilr via PBS route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

langlin092688
Newly Registered
China

Post by langlin092688 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:49 am

Hi guys, I just finished the interview. and now they asked me to provide documents like the schedule of investment this needs to include a list of any investment I’ve made into the business since its creation to the present day, please include the date the investment was made along with the amount invested.

When I check my investment history. I found that some of the investment were coming from my personal bank account. But some of them were transferred from my husband's account. and also some of them were cash deposits. My investment is share capital. Now my question is how can I proof the money transferred from my husband's account and cash deposit are my investment?
I really appreciate if someone could give me expert advice!

langlin092688
Newly Registered
China

Post by langlin092688 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:52 am

My husband didn't get a dependent visa. But when we extend the visa they didn't ask me where was my husband and they granted our visa application. Even in the interview, they didn't ask me any questions related to my husband.
CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:55 am
langlin092688 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:37 am
Has your husband also got a dependent visa?

How did you get a child PBS visa without the father? The rules don't permit this and the same rules would apply to ilr via PBS route.

Capri
Mood:

Post by Capri » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:02 pm

langlin092688 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:49 am
Hi guys, I just finished the interview. and now they asked me to provide documents like the schedule of investment this needs to include a list of any investment I’ve made into the business since its creation to the present day, please include the date the investment was made along with the amount invested.

When I check my investment history. I found that some of the investment were coming from my personal bank account. But some of them were transferred from my husband's account. and also some of them were cash deposits. My investment is share capital. Now my question is how can I proof the money transferred from my husband's account and cash deposit are my investment?
Best of luck for your interview, hope you will get good results, can you share here interview questions, how long it went, did they take any documents with them, and any other important point, will be really appreciated for your help and time.
“If there is a good will, there is great way.” :D

langlin092688
Newly Registered
China

Post by langlin092688 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:45 pm

Thank you very much. The interview took about 1.5 hours. They asked a lot of questions and took photo of all the ducoments I provided. The questions they asked are as follows:
1. The source of my investment.
2. when and what amount I invested.
3. Do I have further investment.
4. needs me to provide a schedule of investment.
5. my turnover and profits.
6. 18-19 business performances.
7. they need to see business bank statements and the invoice. contacts. receipts. But all the accounting documents are at my accountant place to prepare the annual return. So they ask me to show the transactions on my online banking.
8. what my business mainly does.
9. this year's big clients and their contract. invoice. Did they pay me? If so, need to show them through online banking.
20. how to contact clients? if by email, they need to check your business email.
21.show them what you did recently.
22. how many employees
22. employees' name
23. what's their salary and how long they work every month.
24. how I judge their performance.
25. where they work normally. Do they work at home.
26. why you choose these employees.
27. their contract, CV. passport
28. If the employees present, they will talk to them shortly.

That's all the questions I could remember. To be honest, the interview past very quick and most of the time they just wrote their report. But I think we need to prepare well for the documents. Otherwise, they will request more documents after the interview. I don't know if I answered well, but I have tried my best. I hope I can satisfy the compliances.
Capri wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:02 pm
langlin092688 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:49 am

Best of luck for your interview, hope you will get good results, can you share here interview questions, how long it went, did they take any documents with them, and any other important point, will be really appreciated for your help and time.

Capri
Mood:

Post by Capri » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:42 pm

Thank you very much, you will have good outcomes.
“If there is a good will, there is great way.” :D

abo1
Nigeria

Post by abo1 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:53 am

Just to ask you did you have any interview during the extention or the initial stages of the visa?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:49 am

abo1 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:53 am
Just to ask you did you have any interview during the extention or the initial stages of the visa?
There is no connection to if someone is interviewed before. A couple members have reported being interviewed at ILR stage even when they were interviewed at extension also.

teddybear79

Post by teddybear79 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:29 pm

did you have employees present at the time of interview? any questions from employees

langlin092688
Newly Registered
China

Post by langlin092688 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:24 pm

No, I don't have any interview before.
abo1 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:53 am