ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Advice First Time British Passport after naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cyberstud23

Need Advice First Time British Passport after naturalization

Post by cyberstud23 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:57 am

I have applied for BC and the application has got approved.
The letter has my Firstname and Lastname (As in my passport)
Now, I have to attend the ceremony in few days with that letter and apply for BC passport.
In the passport application form it's mentioned in the form to fill
Surname:

First and Middle name:

Here Do I include my middle name ? ( My middle name exist in one of my passports that will be submitted and it's my father's name)
The passport application form also has Mother's and Father's Name. Will my parents information be present in my British Passport. If I have my mother's and Father's Name somewhere mentioned in the passport then maybe I just not use my middle name that's my Father name and keep it same as my current Non British passport to avoid any confusion.
Please reply urgent.

cyberstud23

Re: Need Advice First Time British Passport after naturalization

Post by cyberstud23 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:36 am

I called the number 03001232241 and asked
Can I have my first and Middle name section have my middle name. The person said yes.

In the forum here I read someone passport getting denied for the middle name.
My BRP card, Passports have First name and Last Name.
My application certificate for naturalization has First name and Last name.

I do have the main passport where a page exists signed by passport authority that my given name can be Firstname Middlename and Surname.

I had earlier called one of the service and they misquided me to get my naturalization certificate and travel on non british passport With my BRP card. But there exist returning back of BRP card within 5 days of naturalization clause that they missed.
Plz suggest on middle name as UK passport doesn't have section specifying details of father full name and mother full name and address. Do I include middle name ?

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:16 pm

So your foreign passport has a middle name on it?

Make sure not to confuse middle name with father’s name. On my foreign passport, I have the following:

Surname: xxx
Forename: xxxx

Father’s name: xxx
Mother’s name: xxxxx

Father’s name is not a middle name in that scenario.

Your passport application should reflect the name stated on the certificate of naturalisation. If you have a middle name that is part of your full name on your foreign passport ( not your father’s name) then you might have an issue because it wouldn’t match your certificate of registration. Anyway senior member may have a clearer opinion.
cyberstud23 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:36 am
I called the number 03001232241 and asked
Can I have my first and Middle name section have my middle name. The person said yes.

In the forum here I read someone passport getting denied for the middle name.
My BRP card, Passports have First name and Last Name.
My application certificate for naturalization has First name and Last name.

I do have the main passport where a page exists signed by passport authority that my given name can be Firstname Middlename and Surname.

I had earlier called one of the service and they misquided me to get my naturalization certificate and travel on non british passport With my BRP card. But there exist returning back of BRP card within 5 days of naturalization clause that they missed.
Plz suggest on middle name as UK passport doesn't have section specifying details of father full name and mother full name and address. Do I include middle name ?
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:20 pm

R-graphite wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:16 pm
OP has stated that passport does NOT have a middle name on the biometric page etc, which is why the citizenship cert was issued as it was, i.e to match the passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:24 pm

In that case he should not include any middle name in his passport application, right?
CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:20 pm
R-graphite wrote:
OP has stated that passport does NOT have a middle name on the biometric page etc, which is why the citizenship cert was issued as it was, i.e to match the passport.
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:24 pm

R-graphite wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:24 pm
In that case he should not include any middle name in his passport application, right?
CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:20 pm
R-graphite wrote:
Correct yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.