ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How do I know if the post did not lose my confirmation letter?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

berdavid88
Newly Registered

How do I know if the post did not lose my confirmation letter?

Post by berdavid88 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:34 pm

Hello,

I have applied for British Citizenship on 12th of March this year. I have submitted my documents in one of the offices where they just scan everything and give the documents back to me.

For a while, I could login to the home office website through the link they sent me in email but I always just saw the same message that I need to send my documents, though I have submitted them. However, the link is not even working anymore. I assume they did not update that website anyways.

My question is, that how would I actually know if my application is under consideration if I cannot login anywhere online nor I can call the home office. I actually called them and chose the option on the machine that I have submitted my application more than 6 months ago but they said they cannot give me an answer. I told them all I want to know if it's still in process or maybe they sent me a letter but it got lost on the post. The lady said she cannot give me any answer. I asked her, how do you know then if you send me something and it will arrive, do you monitor that? And she said I should just send a letter to home office if I have any concerns?

That's the point where I got really confused, I thought I am on a call with the home office anyways.

So if I cannot see anything online nor I can call them even about that if my application is still in process, how do I know if they sent me a letter and maybe it got lost.

I assume they send it by special delivery singed for but still they should assure us somewhere that if they send a letter, they will actually regularly check the tracking number and if they see that the letter did not arrive, they will contact me or send it again.

Did anyone have same concerns or any case when the letter got lost? Or any idea how can I track my application before 6 months?

As far as I know I need to book the ceremony as well in 1 month after the decision. Do they start to count the 1 month the day I have signed that I received my letter by post or they start to count from when they made the decision. It's so annoying that they don't even give a proper answer for anything.

Any answer is much appropriated.

Thanks and good luck with your application

David

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How do I know if the post did not lose my confirmation letter?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:43 pm

There is no way to check online what your status update is.

You simply need to wait to hear back from HO. It can take a couple of months up to 6 months and sometimes longer.

Approval letters are set second class post in a brown A5 envelope. Looks similar to junk mail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

R-graphite
Mood:

Re: How do I know if the post did not lose my confirmation letter?

Post by R-graphite » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:05 pm

Looks similar to junk mail :lol: the irony!
CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:43 pm
There is no way to check online what your status update is.

You simply need to wait to hear back from HO. It can take a couple of months up to 6 months and sometimes longer.

Approval letters are set second class post in a brown A5 envelope. Looks similar to junk mail.
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.