ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependant extension - maintenance question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ShrutiBlue
India

Tier 2 Dependant extension - maintenance question

Post by ShrutiBlue » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:37 am

My husband's Tier 2 dependant visa runs out in December and I was thinking about setting up the maintenance funds.

I am currently on ILR, but during my last Tier 2 extension I got my employer to check the "maintenance provided" box on the CoS and didn't have to show any funds for myself.
Referring to this, I found the following in the policy guidance for Tier 2 dependants-
83. If you apply separately from the main applicant you will need to have the necessary funds to meet
the maintenance requirement or have a written undertaking from an A-rated Sponsor, unless the
main applicant already had leave in a Tier 2 category and when applying for their most recent period of Tier 2
leave was not required to show evidence of satisfying maintenance requirements.
So can we not show any maintenance funds for my husband's extension even though I am now on ILR? If yes, do I need to provide a cover letter telling them that my sponsors checked the box for me or will they just check it from their records?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependant extension - maintenance question

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:58 am

Referring to this, I found the following in the policy guidance for Tier 2 dependants-
83. If you apply separately from the main applicant you will need to have the necessary funds to meet
the maintenance requirement or have a written undertaking from an A-rated Sponsor, unless the
main applicant already had leave in a Tier 2 category and when applying for their most recent period of Tier 2
leave was not required to show evidence of satisfying maintenance requirements.
This applies when the main PBS migrant still has a tier 2 general visa. It does not apply to you if you hold ILR.
So can we not show any maintenance funds for my husband's extension even though I am now on ILR?
No, you must provide banks statements holding £630 for the full 90 days, without dipping below the level at all in the 90 days.
If yes, do I need to provide a cover letter telling them that my sponsors checked the box for me or will they just check it from their records?
Your employer CANNOT certify maintenance for your dependent if you hold ILR as you are no longer a sponsored worker.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ShrutiBlue
India

Re: Tier 2 Dependant extension - maintenance question

Post by ShrutiBlue » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:09 am

Thank you for the reply. Thought I'd check!