ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependent extension while partner moved to ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mems
Newly Registered

PBS dependent extension while partner moved to ILR

Post by mems » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:42 pm

Hello,

I am currently on PBS dependent visa expiring on 7th July 2019. I need to apply for extension while my partner has moved to ILR in Dec 2018. He was previously on Tier 2 (general) when my current visa was granted as Tier 2 PBS dependent.

I was granted Tier 2 dependent visa in Jan 2015 and I entered UK in May 2015. This visa expired in June 2016 when we both applied for Tier 2 (general) extension and were granted until 7th July 2019. My partner completed his 5 years on Tier 2 (general) visa last year in July 2018 and applied for ILR and was granted in Dec 2018.

When will I be eligible for ILR? I suspect Jan 2020, so I need to extend this only for a few months.

When I am trying to start my online application, I see the following question:
Your current visa or leave to remain

Is your current entry clearance or leave to remain as the partner of one of the following?
a British citizen
a person settled in the UK
a person with refugee leave or a person with humanitarian protection in the UK
Should I select YES or NO.

When my current visa was issued he was on Tier 2 (general) visa so it was none of the above. However his current immigration status is ILR.

Please help me fill the right form.

PS: Previously I had filled up the entire form but when I went on IHS site it asks for my partner's visa route but does not list ILR in the dropdown. So I am trying to fill up a new form.

ShrutiBlue
India

Re: PBS dependent extension while partner moved to ILR

Post by ShrutiBlue » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:47 pm

Your situation is quite similar to mine!
Is your current entry clearance or leave to remain as the partner of one of the following?
a British citizen
a person settled in the UK
a person with refugee leave or a person with humanitarian protection in the UK
Should I select YES or NO.

When my current visa was issued he was on Tier 2 (general) visa so it was none of the above. However his current immigration status is ILR.
You have answered your own question, they're asking about your current leave which was issued as a dependant of a Tier 2 visa holder so you have to select "NO".

You keep extending your Tier 2 dependant leave until you are eligible for ILR yourself. If you were to apply as a dependant of a settled person then your category (and the form you need to fill) will change and your ILR clock will reset.

You are correct in assuming that you will be eligible for ILR in Jan 2020. Unfortunately it turns out to be a very expensive visa 3-year that you only need for 6 months!