ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leaving 2nd job, how do i contact the Home Office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jojo75
Newly Registered

Leaving 2nd job, how do i contact the Home Office

Post by Jojo75 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:56 pm

Hi everyone,
I have applied for BC online and submitted and done my biometrics last May.

I have a 2nd job that i am thinking of leaving but i read before that i need to inform the Home Office with any changes while waiting for the outcome.

My question is, does anyone know the email of Home Office i can message regarding the above to inform them, in case, i decide to leave my second job?

Thank you so much for any help.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Leaving 2nd job, how do i contact the Home Office

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:42 pm

Who said you must report your job changes to HO ???!! Your work has NOTHING to do with your application for BC
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

cryvate
Netherlands

Post by cryvate » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:42 pm

From what I understand, you only need to inform them of adverse or material changes, e.g. if you are under investigation for a crime or declared bankrupt (adverse) or (post) address change (material change).

As you applied for British Citizenship you almost certainly have Indefinite Leave to Remain either as ILR, PR (EU/EEA) or Settled Status (EU/EEA, for after Brexit but can be used) which allows you to be and remain in the country even when you do not have a job (though you still have another job anyway!?) and so leaving this job does not materially affect your application and there is no reason to update them.

Jojo75
Newly Registered

Post by Jojo75 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:52 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:42 pm
Who said you must report your job changes to HO ???!! Your work has NOTHING to do with your application for BC
Hi, while completing my online application, if i remember it right, i have read that i need to inform the Home Office, with any changes to my circumstances... I just want to make sure im following procedures and not give them any reason to refuse my application.

Jojo75
Newly Registered

Post by Jojo75 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:55 pm

cryvate wrote:
From what I understand, you only need to inform them of adverse or material changes, e.g. if you are under investigation for a crime or declared bankrupt (adverse) or (post) address change (material change).

As you applied for British Citizenship you almost certainly have Indefinite Leave to Remain either as ILR, PR (EU/EEA) or Settled Status (EU/EEA, for after Brexit but can be used) which allows you to be and remain in the country even when you do not have a job (though you still have another job anyway!?) and so leaving this job does not materially affect your application and there is no reason to update them.
Hi, thank you, I have got Indefinite leave to remain. I just wanted to make sure i dont leave anything and dont want to give the HO any reason to refuse my application.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:55 am

You do not need to report your job changes :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:47 am

Jojo75 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:55 pm
cryvate wrote:

Hi, thank you, I have got Indefinite leave to remain. I just wanted to make sure i dont leave anything and dont want to give the HO any reason to refuse my application.
Cryvate is 100% correct. You are a required to report adverse or material changes. Quitting one job is not material to a citizenship application. You will only be creating work for Home Office, potentially delaying your application and that by others by sending information to a case worker who has to review it and ultimately disregard it.