ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to work under pre-settled status?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2

gini852
United Kingdom

Right to work under pre-settled status?

Post by gini852 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:39 am

Hello all!

I am a non-EEA national who recently received pre-settled status (aka Limited Leave to Remain/"LLR") under the EU settlement scheme. Prior to this, I was holding Tier 2 (General) visa and my employer had to sponsor me to obtain the visa and work here. This was a lengthy process because, as I understand it, they had to first prove that they had advertised the job opening to UK and EEA citizens and only when no one suitable was available for the position then they were able to sponsor a non-EEA citizen for the role.

My question is: Under this new pre-settled status, do I still face the same limitations if I'm looking for a new job? In other words, do potential employers need to prioritise candidates who are citizens of the UK and EU/EEA before they consider me, or does the LLR status mean that I can be considered on an equal basis? And are UK candidates prioritised over those with EU/EEA nationality?

Thanks for your help!

gini852
United Kingdom

Re: Right to work under pre-settled status?

Post by gini852 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:08 am

Sorry, just realised that this question might have been better posted under the General UK Immigration forum. Mods - please help move thread if you think appropriate. Thanks as always!

free
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Right to work under pre-settled status?

Post by free » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:30 am

You are free to work anywhere, no restriction.