ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Translation of documents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

White_Pearl
Ireland

Translation of documents

Post by White_Pearl » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:17 am

Hi

All documents which you provide to Inis, have to be in English or translated into English.
Birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce deed and divorce certificate?
Do they need to be certified translated or not?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Translation of documents

Post by littlerr » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:35 am

Different applications have different rules. Which application are you talking about?

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:20 am

White_Pearl wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:17 am
Hi

All documents which you provide to Inis, have to be in English or translated into English.
Birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce deed and divorce certificate?
Do they need to be certified translated or not?
Irrespective of the type of document you submit at the very least you should have the documents officially translated by a notary service in your home country which bears their stamp on it. Some would argue not all documents require such measures but my personal take on this is to assume the worst thereby cover all angles by getting all my documents translated by a notary service in my home country. For some documents I had to first get them officially legalised with an apostille Stamp and then translate them through a notary service from my home country.

In my opinion it is the safest way and also greatly reduces the risk of INIS playing hard ball asking for a document to be provided with an “official translation”

Best Regards

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:54 am

Its an eu treaty application.
I have had in the past documents certified translated from Dublin.
But just looking at the cost of it, it just came into mind to ask for opinion from all of you.

Yes, you are right. It will reduce the risk of doubts or taking them more time to reply, safe side it lookslike better to get it certified.

altalb
Albania

Post by altalb » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:11 pm

You can ask for a multilingual (birth/marriage) certificate in your home country. In my case I had both birth and marriage certificates issued in multiple languages including English so never needed to translate them.
I used them for stamp 4 and then Irish citizenship application and haven't had any problem.

White_Pearl
Ireland

Post by White_Pearl » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:47 pm

THank you. That is indeed a better option, to get them in multi-lingual