ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eea Family Permit Visa Dependant Step Parent

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

treeboythethird
Newly Registered

Eea Family Permit Visa Dependant Step Parent

Post by treeboythethird » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:41 am

My wife is an EU citizen (German) with PR. She wants to bring over her dependent mother and step father (both non-eea citizens), but was not sure if parent implies step parent as well.

For proof of that relationship she was planning on sending her birth certificate which names her mom, and then connected to that her mom and step dad’s marriage certificate to prove he is a relative by marriage.

I guess the main question here is does parent specifically mean biological parent or can it also mean step parent?

treeboythethird
Newly Registered

Re: Eea Family Permit Visa Dependant Step Parent

Post by treeboythethird » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:21 pm

Hopefully, this question has a straightforward answer?

mulder
Germany

Post by mulder » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:47 pm

From personal experience:

I know a French citizen who managed to bring her non-EEA mother and her non-EEA step-father to Belgium. And since the law is meant to be the same across the EU, the answer to your question for the UK is most likely: yes.

So keep investigating. Or maybe someone will point you to a specific paragraph that states it explicitly.

treeboythethird
Newly Registered

Post by treeboythethird » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:03 am

I have had confirmation from the home office, that this, in fact, applies to both biological and step-parents.