ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can an employer transfer me on a Tier 2 General visa (not ICT)?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MarbleMarch
Newly Registered
Canada

Can an employer transfer me on a Tier 2 General visa (not ICT)?

Post by MarbleMarch » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:05 pm

I live in Canada and was wondering if a company with a subsidiary in London could transfer me to the UK on a Tier 2 General visa by advertising the job and carrying out a RLMT.

My goal is to eventually apply for ILR then UK citizenship and I know that I can't do that on an Intra-Company Transfer visa.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Can an employer transfer me on a Tier 2 General visa (not ICT)?

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:16 am

If an association exists between your Canadian employer and the prospective UK employer then what you are suggesting has to be through ICT. Any attempt to issue a Tier 2 General would be queried as it would viewed with suspicion. Why undertake RLMT etc when you could move on ICT?

If the UK subsidiary is willing to entertain such a proposal to recruit you on T2 General then they are placing their licence at risk because it will be evident there was pre selection of you and the RLMT was not an open and fair recruitment process.