ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Having birth to child abroad and British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bigben1982

Having birth to child abroad and British citizenship

Post by bigben1982 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:22 am

Dear forum experts,

I applied for my Naturalisation in February 2019 and still awaiting for a decision. Worried too much :(

My wife moved to UK in February 2019.

I would like to get this information well in advance before planning for a baby. Sorry if it's sounds silly to ask this question at this time.

My wife would like to go back to our home country to look after her elderly parents. More likely she will spend time there for the next 3 years.

1) Let's say if she gives birth to a child abroad, will that child become a British citizen at birth?

2) If we apply for a child British passport from abroad, will Homeoffice expect us to bring that child here any time sooner after getting British citizenship for the child?

3) When my wife decides to move back to UK, will she have any issues getting Spouse visas?

4) If our child gets our home country passport aswell (can keep dual nationality there),will that citizenship have any effect on British citizenship of the child?

Please kindly let me know.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Having birth to child abroad and British citizenship

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:27 am

1) Let's say if she gives birth to a child abroad, will that child become a British citizen at birth?
If the child is born after you have become British, then yes, child will be British by descent.
2) If we apply for a child British passport from abroad, will Homeoffice expect us to bring that child here any time sooner after getting British citizenship for the child?
No.
3) When my wife decides to move back to UK, will she have any issues getting Spouse visas?
No, you will have to meet the same requirements again from scratch, or whatever they might be at that time.
4) If our child gets our home country passport aswell (can keep dual nationality there),will that citizenship have any effect on British citizenship of the child?
The UK allows dual nationality!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bigben1982

Re: Having birth to child abroad and British citizenship

Post by bigben1982 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:29 am

Thanks ever so much CR001. I hope you are keeping well. Take care.