ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What benefit I can claim ???

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Saimaali
Newly Registered

What benefit I can claim ???

Post by Saimaali » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:57 am

I just got mine ILR .
mine husband is on (tier 1 dependent)visa and his application is already in process for extension.
We had a 1 uk born child.

As I’m self employed n talking 700£ as a director from mine company and mine husband is part time working aswell.

1) what child benefit we can claim ? Which will not effect his visa extion now n in future
2) is there any other house benefit I can claim or not yet ??
3) what’s the procedure for his ?

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: What benefit I can claim ???

Post by JB007 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:14 am

Saimaali wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:57 am
I just got mine ILR .
mine husband is on (tier 1 dependent)visa and his application is already in process for extension.

As I’m self employed n talking 700£ as a director from mine company and mine husband is part time working aswell.

1) what child benefit we can claim ? Which will not effect his visa extion now n in future
How old is your child?

How much does your husband earn?

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:25 am

Why is your husband only working part time?

How much did you have to earn to get ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:39 am

JB007 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:25 am
How much did you have to earn to get ILR?
There is no minimum income required for tier 1 entrepreneur visa holders applying for ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Saimaali
Newly Registered

Post by Saimaali » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:55 am

My child is 10 months old was born last year 2018 ..
As I have to travel bcz of mine business activity so he can’t afford full time ..
Currently he is working part time 533£ per month ..

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:39 pm

Saimaali wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:57 am
I just got mine ILR .

Saimaali wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:55 am
My child is 10 months old was born last year 2018 ..
As I have to travel bcz of mine business activity so he can’t afford full time ..
Currently he is working part time 533£ per month ..
Apply for child benefit in your name only.
https://www.gov.uk/child-benefit

Housing Benefit is one of the low income benefits that has been replaced by a benefit called Universal Credit. Unlike the old (legacy) Housing Benefit, Universal Credit has some strict rules for self employed who don't take much from their business, or those who don't earn much and then ask for low income benefits. A SE claim will be based on what you should be earning, even if you don't earn that much. You can read more about SE and asking for Universal Credit here-
https://www.gov.uk/self-employment-and-universal-credit

It's reading like your husband cannot go on your UC claim. Try filling in this and see what it tells you to do with somebody in the family on LLR.
https://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou

You should be reading about all the requirements of UC, e.g. it has a 16k cut off to claim UC; it's a monthly claim, which could vary any UC benefit amount each month. And generally how it works with two parents who can claim and their MIF (Minimum Income Floor).
https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit