ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for EEA family member visa to join my husband in UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nambo
Newly Registered
Greece

Applying for EEA family member visa to join my husband in UK

Post by nambo » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:34 pm

Hello all,

I would greatly appreciate if any one can give me some kind of advise on the below:

I am a Greek-Albanian national currently living in UK as a EU citizen. This August I am going to Albania to get married to my wife, we have been on a relationship for over a year now. Due to I only managed to book 2 weeks from work and the time that it takes for my wife to change her surname and apply for a new Albanian passport prior to submitting the application we are thinking - my wife not to change her surname but use the passport that she currently holds with her maiden name and submit the application, obviously we will have the marriage certificate and all other proof that HO needs but my question is:

Would not changing her surname affect her application (as we know HO can be quite picky if they want)?

Looking forward to any answers and any advise that you good people might have.

Many Thanks

Casa

Re: Applying for EEA family member visa to join my husband in UK

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:53 pm

There's no requirement for your wife to change her name. In fact many women choose to retain their own family name.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:18 am

I’ve been married now for 5 years and still using my maiden name. I haven’t got any plans to change it yet and all my applications with home office were always fine xx

nambo
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by nambo » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:34 pm

Thank you Casa and ljebenedictis for your replies, much appreciated your.