ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for PR Online and Passport Return Service

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

mecheng46
Newly Registered

Apply for PR Online and Passport Return Service

Post by mecheng46 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:00 am

I am one step before applying online for PR (i need PR as i will apply for citizenship through naturalisation once i get the PR) and I am going through the documentation i need to send.

My qualifying period will start from 1st October 2013 when i officially started working full time (i've been in the country since 2009 as a student but i haven't got all the supporting documents [comprehensive health insurance whilst being a student] to use them years).
I have 6 P60 documents from 2014 up to April 2019 and i will use Payslips from April 2019 up to now to prove that I am still in UK after my qualifying period (October 2013 to October 2018). I will use October 2013 - October 2018 for my qualifying period and wait till October 2019 to apply for citizenship. Does this sound correct or am i missing something?

Proof of being self sufficient such as a Bank Statement, what sort of bank account qualify me as self sufficient? What does it mean self sufficient in their eyes, a bank account with some money in it? Do i need to prove that i am self sufficient since I am working full time?

Passport Return Service, I would like to use this service, can I book an appointment before applying for PR? This is to make sure they will receive my passport within the two weeks limit

kamoe
European Union

Re: Apply for PR Online and Passport Return Service

Post by kamoe » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:21 pm

mecheng46 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:00 am
I have 6 P60 documents from 2014 up to April 2019
These are enough (as explained in the Suggested adequate evidence section, here)
and i will use Payslips from April 2019 up to now to prove that I am still in UK after my qualifying period (October 2013 to October 2018).
As stated in the document linked above, you do not need any further proof of evidence if you have P60s for each year of residence you want to include. Since you have 6 consecutive P60s, that should cover you from April 2019.
I will use October 2013 - October 2018 for my qualifying period and wait till October 2019 to apply for citizenship. Does this sound correct or am i missing something?
I'm not 100% when exactly your April 2014 P60 will start covering backward for your qualifying period; so if you want to make absolutely sure October 2013-April 2014 is covered, add 3 payslips evenly spread over that period, i.e. October 2013, December 2013, March 2014. Note that 3 are enough, as explained in the suggestions for alternative evidence if you don't have P60s, here.
What does it mean self sufficient in their eyes, a bank account with some money in it?
"Self-sufficient" in this context is someone who is able to meet their life needs without the need for regular full-time employment, e.g. a wealthy person/heir, or a person running their own business.
Do i need to prove that i am self sufficient since I am working full time?
No. Since you are justifying your qualifying period on the basis of your status as a worker, you are not a "self-sufficient person" as defined in the context of PR.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

mecheng46
Newly Registered

Post by mecheng46 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:42 pm

Much appreciated for you reply, will a Proof of Employment document from my employer be a good idea to prove my qualifying period?

I started with my current employer on 1st October 2013 but for some reason my payslips start from December 2013 (online payslips). I am not sure if my employer can produce the 2 missing payslips (October 2013 and November 2013) I have a P60 from 2013/2014 but it doesn't mention the period the P60 is for, it just says Tax Year to 5th April 2014.

So I am guessing i won't need to send any bank statement to prove that I am a self sufficient person because I was a worker during my qualifying period? At the end of my application there is a box that i have to tick to confirm that I will provide evidence for me being a self sufficient person, I am not sure what triggered the application to ask for such a document

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:30 am

mecheng46 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:42 pm
Much appreciated for you reply, will a Proof of Employment document from my employer be a good idea to prove my qualifying period?
it is. A letter of employment is also included in the suggested alternative evidence that appears in the links I included above. Please read it.
So I am guessing i won't need to send any bank statement to prove that I am a self sufficient person because I was a worker during my qualifying period? At the end of my application there is a box that i have to tick to confirm that I will provide evidence for me being a self sufficient person, I am not sure what triggered the application to ask for such a document
Not sure what to say. As per my previous answer, I would say 'no'; but it does not make sense that the form is asking you for it. As I have not used the form (only the paper application) I'm unsure of that particular aspect of the process. Maybe double check that you did tick you are completing a qualifying period as "Worker" not accidentally as "Self-sufficient person".
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

mecheng46
Newly Registered

Post by mecheng46 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:23 pm

I have managed to collect all the Payslips and P60's for my qualifying period and I need some help on the last 2 pieces of information to send my application.

Under Residence in the UK:
Date you first entered the UK
I don't remember or have any information to the exact day I entered UK but i remember the month and the year, is this good enough? On the application i have to put a number in the Day box

Under Study or vocational training
Question #1: Have you been a student or done vocational training since entering the UK? YES since i have been a student in the past and before what i class as my qualifying period

Question #2: Were you a student or self-sufficient person? I can only answer with a YES or a NO
Yes I have been a student in the past as I confirmed in Question 1 before my qualifying period, does this question relate to If I were a student during my qualifying period?