ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano and social welfare

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Johnnah
Newly Registered
Ireland

Zambrano and social welfare

Post by Johnnah » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:06 pm

Is zambrano carer(single parent) allowed to stay on social welfare base on hardship? I'm currently looking for work but can't find anything that is nearby to me to avoid bus fare since I am not driving.my child is only 11 month old and I have another child. If I will put them to a crèche and after-school then it will i take a toll on my wage if I calculate my future earning for 300 a week plus rent, bills and food. I was lucky to be granted a social welfare even I was undocumented before and that really helped a lot to survive here with my eldest son. I wasn't able to secure an employment cos I didn't have a work permit and cleaning job wasn't sufficient to meet our needs. When I applied as a zambrano carer base ony Irish born child I was honest and told INIS I was on supplementary welfare allowance. If I will renew my stamp 4 next year will it affect my renewal if I stay on my social welfare?

Obie
Ireland

Re: Zambrano and social welfare

Post by Obie » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:25 pm

No it will not cause an effect. The supreme court has ruled that the undocumented parents of Irish child can claim child benefits for them.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Johnnah
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Johnnah » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:54 pm

Obie wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:25 pm
No it will not cause an effect. The supreme court has ruled that the undocumented parents of Irish child can claim child benefits for them.
Hi there again Obie, I'm currently on supplementary welfare allowance. I didn't apply for child benefit yet.im waiting for my irp card. I don't want to be a burden in the state but having two kids to feed and pay for everything is really hard it I will work cos it means most of the wages will go to childminder or the crèche and nothing will be left really. As I have said I was still granted a stamp 4 even if I was on supplementary welfare allowance but now I'm worried for next year's renewal. One of the condition there is "to make every effort to seek an employment not to be a burden in the state".

man_lo
Newly Registered
Gabon

Post by man_lo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:18 pm

Hi
I have a friend who got stamp for based on IBC and she is on social welfare. and not only her hole family, so i think you will not have any problems. for mothers is easier to get renewal visa then for fathers

adebukoaolose
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by adebukoaolose » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:05 am

Obie,I was refuse child benefit as an undocumented immigrant of zambrano,I was told to present my stamp 4 before they can grant me child benefit for my Irish born child,that without stamp 4,am not classify as an habitual resident in ireland