ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chances of Obtaining a Tourist Visa with Criminal Record

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AlbanianKosovan
Newly Registered
Albania

Chances of Obtaining a Tourist Visa with Criminal Record

Post by AlbanianKosovan » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:55 am

I know this has been spoken about extensively over numerous forums but I wanted to know of anyone has been able to obtain a tourist visa in a UK embassy with a criminal record including prison time? I have an Albanian passport so will have to obtain a visa at the US embassy as Albanians cannot get an ESTA but to do this I have to get a police certificate. Unfortunately, I got into quite a lot of trouble in my teens/early 20s which will obviously show up. Along with serving 18 months in a youth offenders prison. I am now in my early 30's with a wife who travels to the US annually. My record is mainly theft convictions and also position of marijuana (personal use).

I know my chances of getting a visa are slim but I wanted to know if anyone has had any luck obtaining one and what did they include in their documents they brought to the appointment?

Thanks