ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake on British Citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ES5213
Newly Registered

Mistake on British Citizenship application

Post by ES5213 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:21 pm

I have previously seen a post regarding making a mistake on one of the question about previous immigration history. I have made the same mistake that I only included the recent ones and then said no because I was applying via spouse of BC route. As I was reading the post and said I suppose to have answer yes. If anyone out there had happened to them before, please can you help? I applied at the end of March online, had my biometrics taken at the beginning of May. I was looking for some other information and came across that. I’m now panicking. Please help, like what you had to do to correct it. What sorts of information I have to send to the Home Office and how? Also would I get rejected now as it’s be more than two months since I first sent my application and just gone two months for my biometrics enrolment. Thanks in advice!

R-graphite
Mood:

Re: Mistake on British Citizenship application

Post by R-graphite » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:20 pm

It’s very hard to tell but I would imagine HO got records of your previous applications and they would check your history with them anyway as part of their process. Call them and see if you need to send a letter. How did you include the recent ones and at the same time you answered no?
ES5213 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:21 pm
I have previously seen a post regarding making a mistake on one of the question about previous immigration history. I have made the same mistake that I only included the recent ones and then said no because I was applying via spouse of BC route. As I was reading the post and said I suppose to have answer yes. If anyone out there had happened to them before, please can you help? I applied at the end of March online, had my biometrics taken at the beginning of May. I was looking for some other information and came across that. I’m now panicking. Please help, like what you had to do to correct it. What sorts of information I have to send to the Home Office and how? Also would I get rejected now as it’s be more than two months since I first sent my application and just gone two months for my biometrics enrolment. Thanks in advice!
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

ES5213
Newly Registered

Post by ES5213 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:27 pm

Thank you for your reply. When I was filling in the application. It asked about biometric and previous U.K. immigration application. So I said yes first because I am applying via marriage route so I thought they are only asking about the spouse visas and ILR by that. Then the next question was have you apply any other previous U.K. immigration application and I said no. I’m not sure why I clicked that when applying. When I came across a post about it and I then realised I have made the same mistake also. I know some have been successful by calling and then writing to them. They were all down within a couple of months, but it’s been over two months since I applied. I’m worried that it’ll be too late.

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:32 pm

For some peace of mind, contact them and explain the situation:
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... ationality
ES5213 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:27 pm
Thank you for your reply. When I was filling in the application. It asked about biometric and previous U.K. immigration application. So I said yes first because I am applying via marriage route so I thought they are only asking about the spouse visas and ILR by that. Then the next question was have you apply any other previous U.K. immigration application and I said no. I’m not sure why I clicked that when applying. When I came across a post about it and I then realised I have made the same mistake also. I know some have been successful by calling and then writing to them. They were all down within a couple of months, but it’s been over two months since I applied. I’m worried that it’ll be too late.
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

R-graphite
Mood:

Post by R-graphite » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:34 pm

2 months is still within the normal processing period, I got mine almost within 4 months...
ES5213 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:27 pm

ES5213
Newly Registered

Post by ES5213 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:36 pm

Thank you for that. I really appreciate your sharing of your experience. I will have a read of the link and contact them tomorrow.