ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mismatch stamps on my passport with my GNIB

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sokalsondha
Newly Registered
Ireland

Mismatch stamps on my passport with my GNIB

Post by sokalsondha » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:24 am

Hello everyone
I really need some genuine information. I got my first stamp 4 on 07/07/2014 and I have alaways continuous visa as a stamp 4.
But problem is the stamps date on my passport are not matching with my GNIB card.
Here is the stamps record on my passport

21/07/2014 - 04/06/2015
04/08/2015 - 06/07/2016
25/07/2016 - 06/07/2017
26/05/2017 - 31/07/2018
23/11/2017 - 31/07/2018
25/04/2018 - 05/04/2019
07/03/2019 - 05/04/2020

But in GNIB system have the different date.
The reason is I am living cork. And everytime I go immigration for my visa they put thing in their computer and take money from me but they never give me my card and never put stamp on my passport . They tell me that come back after 3 weeks and we will give you card and stamp.
So thats why every year I got 2-3 weeks gap in my passport but I had VISA I those 2-3 weeks as they register me the date I visit them. So this year I asked them the situation and told them what can I do. They told me I need to send a letter to INIS for my GNIB history. So I done that and after week I got full of my Ireland GNIB history. Which dates are follows.

07/07/2014 - 04/06/2015
19/01/2015 - 07/07/2015
06/07/2015 - 06/07/2016
08/07/2016 - 06/07/2017
10/05/2017 - 31/07/2018
05/04/2018 - 05/04/2019
06/03/2019 - 05/04/2020

You can see 19/01/2015 I have no stamp on my passport as when I went to immigration for my visa they register me on their system but after 2 weeks when I went for card they didn't give me the card also no stamp. I had to right letter to INIS to continue my stamp 4 which after 4 months I got reply from them with permission from minister.
Now everything make me so confused. As on today's date I can submit my application for naturalisation but if I count my stamp on my passport I need to wait couple of months more but if I take the record from gnib I am already eligible.

Can someone expert help me what should I do? Should I follow the stamps on passport or I should follow the stamp record on GNIB database. As I think citizenship team will check the GNIB database as they have no time may be check the passport stamps :D
Also when make residency calculator which dates I need to put? From the passport or from the GNIB history which they send me a statement of my GNIB history.

Please someone help me as I sent them email 2 times already in last one month. No reply from them.

Thanks in advance

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Mismatch stamps on my passport with my GNIB

Post by littlerr » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:03 am

The dates on your stamps are the only evidence. Your dates in GNIB do not matter (there’s no requirement to keep a copy of older GNIB anyway).

sokalsondha
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sokalsondha » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:25 am

Thanks my friend for reply.
I think you misunderstood me. I didn't keep any copy of GNIB. I applied for the GNIB history to the INIS and they send me the printed statement by post. Will that be okay if I submit?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:50 am

sokalsondha wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:25 am
Thanks my friend for reply.
I think you misunderstood me. I didn't keep any copy of GNIB. I applied for the GNIB history to the INIS and they send me the printed statement by post. Will that be okay if I submit?
You can of course submit that in order to explain the discrepancies, but your naturalisation residency calculator depends on your dates in your passport stamps.

Per naturalisation requirement:
...enter your permissions as evidenced in your passport and verify that you satisfy residency requirements...

wallkie
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by wallkie » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:24 pm

hi @sokalsondha, I'm in a similar situation with a gap in my last year residency because of the mismatch between the GNIB card start date and the stamp (valid from date) in my passport which is put by my local Garda as collection date. If I use the GNIB card as truth I'm good to proceed for naturalization application, otherwise need to wait for another renewal.
So just wonder what did you do in your case?

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:41 pm

Write to the GNIB office in Dublin requesting for your period of reckonable residence. You’ll get it in a week or two at the most and you can use those dates for the residency calculator.

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:43 pm

Yes, submit what the letter from the GNIB with your period of reckonable residence states.

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:48 pm

You might have discrepancies but at the end of the day, its the reckonable residence that is stated in the letter which should pretty much the period (not necessarily exact dates) of your stamps - stamps as you said are stamped at different times.
Send them that and a letter if you want to say that the passports have different dates because they were stamped on receipt of the GNIB, etc. Keep it simple and don’t complicate it. :)

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:49 pm

Apologies for the multiple posts- tried to edit and it ended up posting. Cannot delete them either. Can the Mods help pls? Only the last post is pertinent.

wallkie
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by wallkie » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:30 pm

Thanks @Bealtaine! My mismatch is only in the last stamp which I've my current active GNIB card for. Card has the correct start and I'll submit a copy of this card with application. Do you still think I need a a letter from GNIB office? Anycase I'll write them.

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:16 pm

No worries. Apologies for the multiple posts again!

I requested a letter from the GNIB office (Addressed to the Garda Superintendent) with my period of reckonable residence despite the fact that there weren’t any errors. All I had to do was to input this into the naturalisation calculator - it should reflect what the government has and what I have. I was told they’d be doing something of this sort themselves.

Hope this helps. All the best! Xx

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:43 pm

Bealtaine wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:41 pm
Write to the GNIB office in Dublin requesting for your period of reckonable residence. You’ll get it in a week or two at the most and you can use those dates for the residency calculator.

I tried this but did not work. This the reply I got:

"I am to advise that the information sought by you is for official use only. The endorsements on your passport should provide you with the dates needed to compile your history of registrations with the Garda National Immigration Bureau.

This office issues a person with a letter of reckonable residency if another public sector body (e.g., a Department of State) specifically requests that the person submit the letter as part of an application.

With respect to all applications for naturalisation, the Citizenship Division of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service will write to you to request a reckonable residency letter if the document is required. You should attach a copy of above-mentioned letter when requesting for a written record of reckonable residency in this State.

Yours sincerely,

Sent on behalf of

Detective Chief Superintendent, Garda National Immigration Bureau"

Permission to remain letters from INIS should suffice isn't?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:59 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:43 pm
Bealtaine wrote:

"I am to advise that the information sought by you is for official use only. The endorsements on your passport should provide you with the dates needed to compile your history of registrations with the Garda National Immigration Bureau.

This office issues a person with a letter of reckonable residency if another public sector body (e.g., a Department of State) specifically requests that the person submit the letter as part of an application.

With respect to all applications for naturalisation, the Citizenship Division of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service will write to you to request a reckonable residency letter if the document is required. You should attach a copy of above-mentioned letter when requesting for a written record of reckonable residency in this State.

Yours sincerely,

Sent on behalf of

As the letter has spelled out clearly, it is “the endorsements on your passport”. Some people may argue that you can use the dates from the permission letters, but I doubt if that can give you any benefits. They may only slow your application down if INIS finds a discrepancy and decides to spend a few months checking whether it’s correct or not.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:19 pm

littlerr wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:59 pm
johnpromise01 wrote:
Bealtaine wrote:

Yours sincerely,

Sent on behalf of

As the letter has spelled out clearly, it is “the endorsements on your passport”. Some people may argue that you can use the dates from the permission letters, but I doubt if that can give you any benefits. They may only slow your application down if INIS finds a discrepancy and decides to spend a few months checking whether it’s correct or not.
Thanks. Actually my concern is because I do not have a passport from when I was granted stamp for some year not until my last stamp 4 renewal. I was unable to obtain a passport from my embassy but I was issued an Irish travel document by INIS which enabled me travelled to my country and obtained my passport there, now have my last stamp on it. But I have all permission letters up to date.
Bit confused here. I forwarded the INIS recent reply to my solicitor and this is what my solicitor sent to me:

"Your residency is calculated per the dates of your permission letters from the Minister so there's no reason you didn't meet the reckonable residence condition. In our view, you should start preparing them and apply. The Citizenship section are raising many additional queries with applicants in general in recent times"

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:40 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:19 pm
littlerr wrote:
johnpromise01 wrote:
Bealtaine wrote:

Yours sincerely,

Sent on behalf of

Thanks. Actually my concern is because I do not have a passport from when I was granted stamp for some year not until my last stamp 4 renewal. I was unable to obtain a passport from my embassy but I was issued an Irish travel document by INIS which enabled me travelled to my country and obtained my passport there, now have my last stamp on it. But I have all permission letters up to date.
Bit confused here. I forwarded the INIS recent reply to my solicitor and this is what my solicitor sent to me:

"Your residency is calculated per the dates of your permission letters from the Minister so there's no reason you didn't meet the reckonable residence condition. In our view, you should start preparing them and apply. The Citizenship section are raising many additional queries with applicants in general in recent times"
Ok that's a different story then. What your solicitor said is correct. If a permission letter says your permission starts on a certain date, you can use that to calculate your reckonable residency. I just don't recommend doing that as it is against the guideline set out by INIS which clearly says you should use the date on your passport stamps.

If you don't have your old passport, there's nothing you can do. You would have to apply for citizenship based on previous permission letters. I don't see why INIS does not want to release that information to you. It is clearly a valid request under the FOI Act.

Send them a new request quoting your FOI rights, but also explain your situation.

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:16 pm

johnpromise01 wrote:
Bealtaine wrote:

Yours sincerely,

Sent on behalf of

Interesting. I had applied for it and received it shortly after in May ‘19.

Ruth87
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Ruth87 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:24 am

johnpromise01 wrote:
littlerr wrote:
johnpromise01 wrote:
Bealtaine wrote:

Yours sincerely,

Sent on behalf of

Sorry to ask pls how were you able to obtain the Irish travel document? I am in similar position.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:11 pm

Bealtaine wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:16 pm
johnpromise01 wrote:
Bealtaine wrote:

Yours sincerely,

Sent on behalf of

Interesting. I had applied for it and received it shortly after in May ‘19.
I've finally applied for reckonable residence history to date to the FOI. Got acknowledgement and said it would take 4 weeks excluding Saturdays and Sundays to get it. Thanks guys.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:25 pm

Ruth87 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:24 am
johnpromise01 wrote:
littlerr wrote:
johnpromise01 wrote:

Yours sincerely,

Sent on behalf of

Sorry to ask pls how were you able to obtain the Irish travel document? I am in similar position.
You must provide letter from your country's embassy stating they can't issue you a passport and you will have to travel to your country or nearest embassy outside Ireland to get it. My solicitor processed it for me and all I did was to get the letter from my embassy which took me almost 4 years before my embassy can give me the letter. Irish Travel document is extremely difficult to get. Will send you a copy of the front cover of mine now.

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:11 pm

Hi guys, so I got a reply from Freedom of Information today with this:

I wish to refer to your freedom of information request below.

"Statement of Reckonable Residence History Request Under FOI Act".

A decision has been made on your request by Higher Executive Officer in this department who has decided to refuse your request under section 15 (1) (a) of the Freedom of Information Act 2014. This section states:

15.(1) A head to whom an FOI request is made may refuse to grant the request where-
(a) no records can be found.

You can send a request to the D/Supritendent, Garda National Immigration Bureau 13-14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2 who should be in a position to assist you with this request.

They also state I can appeal within 20 working days.

What do you think?

nanabeltranfab
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by nanabeltranfab » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:14 am

Hi I did talked to our immigration officer, he said that the dates you put in ur residency calculator is the dates of your GNIB card not the dates of stamps from passport and he said whoever is examining the application well know that the dates now doesnt match the dates of our garda card release. Ask your local garda immigration officer for the dates to be use for residency calculator

johnpromise01
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by johnpromise01 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:08 am

nanabeltranfab wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:14 am
Hi I did talked to our immigration officer, he said that the dates you put in ur residency calculator is the dates of your GNIB card not the dates of stamps from passport and he said whoever is examining the application well know that the dates now doesnt match the dates of our garda card release. Ask your local garda immigration officer for the dates to be use for residency calculator
My solicitor said my residency is calculated per the dates of my permission letters from the Minister.

hassanwq
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by hassanwq » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:46 pm

Hi,

Can someone kindly inform me about the procedure to get a "statement of GNIB stamps?"

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:08 pm

I had a situation very similar to the one that OP explained. I also live in Cork and in Cork they normally place a new permission stamps upon receiving new IRP card. It does create a confusion in particular for those who renewed their card when they're about to expire. In my case I renewed them a day or two before expiration. However, it wasn't a problem at all. You can and should use the dates shown on your GNIB/IRP cards as a proof or residence permission dates. As this is what an actual database contains. I also sent a request to the GNIB asking for full record of my permission stamps, and received it withing a week. It reflects the dates as per GNIB cards and can also be used instead of the passport stamps.

hassanwq
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by hassanwq » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:47 pm

Vorona wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:08 pm
I h
Can you kindly tell me the procedure to apply for getting the record of the GNIB stamps?

I have sent multiple emails to nib_dv@garda.ie over a course of two weeks but they do not respond. They do not pick up their emails either.