ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My experience at the Croydon Application Centre

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TRANS25
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General to ILR - usual questions/confirmations

Post by TRANS25 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:14 am

Hello !
Hope this finds you well. I am currently preparing for my ILR application (priority option) and wanted a few things clarified/confirmed. I hope these basic questions will help a few others who might be in the same boat.

Tier 2 General stamped (no BRP then): 27th July 2014
Entered UK: 3rd August 2014
Tier 2 General Extended: July 2017 with current leave until August 2020

[1] Now I believe with current rules, the earliest I should be able to apply for ILR is on 29th June 2019 (?)
{1.1} Just curious, if I was to submit it earlier - does the system automatically reject the application? Again I ask this, because in the Application form there is no question about when the first Tier 2 Gen visa was stamped, the only question I have seen is when did I enter the UK first. (So how will 29th June be validated as the correct date for start of qualifying period)
[2] At the time of submitting the application, once payment is made -
{2.1} this is when I can/need to book an appointment (?)
{2.2} I believe the docs can be uploaded at any time until the day of appointment ? (I ask this because my bank statement is generated every 3rd of the month i.e. 3rd July and would like to show the latest one with the June salary)
{2.3} Do the bank statements need to be stamped? I have read mixed responses.
[3] My employer will issue me a letter re: absences from UK. Is the absence between first Tier 2 Gen stamping date and UK entry date to be considered as an absence? If yes, does the employer letter need to mention this or can I write this in my cover letter?

TIA
Trans

ukvisat2

Re: Tier 2 General to ILR - usual questions/confirmations

Post by ukvisat2 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:17 am

TRANS25 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:14 am
Hello !
Hope this finds you well. I am currently preparing for my ILR application (priority option) and wanted a few things clarified/confirmed. I hope these basic questions will help a few others who might be in the same boat.

Tier 2 General stamped (no BRP then): 27th July 2014
Entered UK: 3rd August 2014
Tier 2 General Extended: July 2017 with current leave until August 2020

[1] Now I believe with current rules, the earliest I should be able to apply for ILR is on 29th June 2019 (?)

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/datead ... ad=28&rec=

{1.1} Just curious, if I was to submit it earlier - does the system automatically reject the application?

The application date is when you pay and submit the application. It will be refused if you submit it before 29th June 2019.

Again I ask this, because in the Application form there is no question about when the first Tier 2 Gen visa was stamped, the only question I have seen is when did I enter the UK first. (So how will 29th June be validated as the correct date for start of qualifying period)

By using this information, HO can figure it out when the visa is stamped. Don't worry.

[2] At the time of submitting the application, once payment is made -
{2.1} this is when I can/need to book an appointment (?)

yes

{2.2} I believe the docs can be uploaded at any time until the day of appointment ? (I ask this because my bank statement is generated every 3rd of the month i.e. 3rd July and would like to show the latest one with the June salary)

Yes

{2.3} Do the bank statements need to be stamped? I have read mixed responses.

Not really. Some banks do not even stamp it.

[3] My employer will issue me a letter re: absences from UK. Is the absence between first Tier 2 Gen stamping date and UK entry date to be considered as an absence? If yes, does the employer letter need to mention this or can I write this in my cover letter?

Do not need to mention. HO will figure it out from their database.

TIA
Trans

TRANS25
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 General to ILR - usual questions/confirmations

Post by TRANS25 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:25 am

Thank you !

TRANS25
Newly Registered
India

My experience at the Croydon Application Centre

Post by TRANS25 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:54 am

Hello,

Perhaps another repeated thread, but hopefully will help new aspirants.
I applied via the Tier 2 General Route using SET (O) online form and opted for the priority application.
Submitted Application on 29th June 2019
Booked Appointment for 15th July 2019 for 1130 AM at Croydon Center

I reached East Croydon station at 1030. It's less than 10 mins walk from the station.
For those travelling by car, there is a paid multi level parking just before the Application centre.

I thought I had reached too early and hence took a stroll in a nearby mall.
And then finally reached the centre at 1100.

This a Ground + 3 floor building. The Ground plus first 2 floors are managed by Sopra for UK Visas & Immigration. The 3rd floor seemed related to Prison services.

At the entrance on Ground floor, your Appointment letter with QR code & Passport is verified and given instruction to go to the desk.
At the desk, again you passport and Appointment letter is verified and you are "checked in" to their system. Right after this, there is a security personnel who checks your bag and asks you to put anything in your pockets in the tray and walk through the metal detector.

I was instructed to go the first floor.
There were about 100 people sitting & waiting for their turn. An assistant asked me to wait until another assistant came back and handed me a token.

The waiting time started. I had to wait for an hour until my token was called.
In hindsight, the earlier the appointment - the less backlog and hence chances of your token being called earlier are very high.

My token number was called around 1215 along with 5 others. It is usually a group of 5/6 tokens called together the first time.
We were then taken to a kiosk and given instructions on how to use the kiosk to scan the QR code, Passport, register biometrics, photo and signature.

After this each one of us was assigned a kiosk and instructed not to walk behind anyone's kiosk as the process needs to be restarted otherwise for that person.

This part is pretty straightforward - just follow the instructions. Nothing complex.
Once done, I informed the person who had handed over the token my token number. I was told to wait again and that I will be called back for documents.

After about 15 mins, my token was called and was led to a desk.
The desk assistant my QR code and passport. He also scanned a few pages/stamps from my passport. (I wonder why as I had scanned & uploaded all the pages from my passport earlier).

This took a while since the system was slow. I was then asked if I was happy for the Application to be submitted. I said yes and the process was completed.
Note: I had not taken the 35 GBP Document checking service.

The actual process itself was not more than 15 mins. But the wait times included took about 90 mins.

Suggestions:
[1] Even if your appointment is at a specific time, do reach early and get checked in.
[2] Scan all pages of your passport (where stamped with visas or dates) before hand.
[3] Carry water & some snack

Overall, simple process - nothing to be worried about.
Good Luck !

jashds

Re: My experience at the Croydon Application Centre

Post by jashds » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:23 pm

Thanks so much for the detailed explanation.
I am heavily pregnant and have my appointment on Friday the 19th of July. Just wanted to know if they will allow my husband to accompany me inside?

TRANS25
Newly Registered
India

Post by TRANS25 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:02 pm

jashds wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:23 pm
Thanks so much for the detailed explanation.
I am heavily pregnant and have my appointment on Friday the 19th of July. Just wanted to know if they will allow my husband to accompany me inside?
Yes, I saw many applicants accompanied by their family members.

Mirrorinuk
Newly Registered
China

Post by Mirrorinuk » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:51 pm

Thanks for your detailed information.

I am wondering if the 15th July 2019 was the earliest date when you opted for the priority service online? which means the applicant has to wait more than half a month for the appointment, right?

Besides, as you opted for the priority service, which date you receive your result and BRP?

Thanks in advance!

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:15 pm

Thank you for the detailed experience sharing. I felt as if I was there while reading this.
Very helpful.
👍🏻
TRANS25 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:54 am
Hello,

Perhaps another repeated thread, but hopefully will help new aspirants.
I applied via the Tier 2 General Route using SET (O) online form and opted for the priority application.
Submitted Application on 29th June 2019
Booked Appointment for 15th July 2019 for 1130 AM at Croydon Center

I reached East Croydon station at 1030. It's less than 10 mins walk from the station.
For those travelling by car, there is a paid multi level parking just before the Application centre.

I thought I had reached too early and hence took a stroll in a nearby mall.
And then finally reached the centre at 1100.

This a Ground + 3 floor building. The Ground plus first 2 floors are managed by Sopra for UK Visas & Immigration. The 3rd floor seemed related to Prison services.

At the entrance on Ground floor, your Appointment letter with QR code & Passport is verified and given instruction to go to the desk.
At the desk, again you passport and Appointment letter is verified and you are "checked in" to their system. Right after this, there is a security personnel who checks your bag and asks you to put anything in your pockets in the tray and walk through the metal detector.

I was instructed to go the first floor.
There were about 100 people sitting & waiting for their turn. An assistant asked me to wait until another assistant came back and handed me a token.

The waiting time started. I had to wait for an hour until my token was called.
In hindsight, the earlier the appointment - the less backlog and hence chances of your token being called earlier are very high.

My token number was called around 1215 along with 5 others. It is usually a group of 5/6 tokens called together the first time.
We were then taken to a kiosk and given instructions on how to use the kiosk to scan the QR code, Passport, register biometrics, photo and signature.

After this each one of us was assigned a kiosk and instructed not to walk behind anyone's kiosk as the process needs to be restarted otherwise for that person.

This part is pretty straightforward - just follow the instructions. Nothing complex.
Once done, I informed the person who had handed over the token my token number. I was told to wait again and that I will be called back for documents.

After about 15 mins, my token was called and was led to a desk.
The desk assistant my QR code and passport. He also scanned a few pages/stamps from my passport. (I wonder why as I had scanned & uploaded all the pages from my passport earlier).

This took a while since the system was slow. I was then asked if I was happy for the Application to be submitted. I said yes and the process was completed.
Note: I had not taken the 35 GBP Document checking service.

The actual process itself was not more than 15 mins. But the wait times included took about 90 mins.

Suggestions:
[1] Even if your appointment is at a specific time, do reach early and get checked in.
[2] Scan all pages of your passport (where stamped with visas or dates) before hand.
[3] Carry water & some snack

Overall, simple process - nothing to be worried about.
Good Luck !