ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 4 (General) to Tier 2 (General)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CapeStorm
Newly Registered
South Africa

Tier 4 (Student) to Tier 2 (General)

Post by CapeStorm » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:32 am

Hi Guys,

Will bankruptcy in my home country affect my application when switching from inside the UK?

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Tier 4 (Student) to Tier 2 (General)

Post by UKLL » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:02 pm

No

CapeStorm
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Tier 4 (Student) to Tier 2 (General)

Post by CapeStorm » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:20 pm

Thanks.

Is there a link to the home office website that states what background checks they do when switching?

CapeStorm
Newly Registered
South Africa

Switching from Tier 4 (General) to Tier 2 (General)

Post by CapeStorm » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:40 pm

Hi All,

I'm currently on a Tier 4 (General) visa studying towards a Masters degree. I found a company that is willing to sponsor me for a Tier 2 (General) visa, I currently work for them part-time. I saw on the UK Gov website that I'm allowed to switch to a Tier 2 (General) visa three months before the end date of my course. I have a transcript from my Uni stating all my marks and it also states "Pass & Continue" meaning I've passed all my modules but still have to submit my dissertation.

A Few Questions:
1. Do I have to submit my dissertation before applying for the Tier 2 (General) visa?
2. If I apply for the Tier 2 (General) visa and I get it before I've submitted my dissertation. Will I be allowed to start working full time as I will effectively be on the Tier 2 (General) visa?
3. What is the requirements to switch visas earlier than the course end date?

Looking forwards to your replies!

Thanks