ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

superdorotka
Newly Registered
Poland

Documents for citizenship application

Post by superdorotka » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:10 pm

Hello,

Does anybody know if P60 and HMRC letters are good to attach to the application for citizenship? Should I also attach something to proof that 5 years ago on the date of application I was in UK? Could this be a payslip?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Documents for citizenship application

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:00 pm

superdorotka wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:10 pm
Hello,

Does anybody know if P60 and HMRC letters are good to attach to the application for citizenship? Should I also attach something to proof that 5 years ago on the date of application I was in UK? Could this be a payslip?
To answer your question properly, it will be good to provide a context to the question?
That is, for what purpose do you want to attached P60 and HMRC letter? do you have any tax or work-related issue to clarify?
And as for the other question, you don't need to provide any evidence of being in the UK five years ago. They know if you were or now. You only need to check for yourself and ensure you were in the UK 5 years ago. no need to prove it.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Nerazzuri

Re: Documents for citizenship application

Post by Nerazzuri » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:59 am

superdorotka wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:10 pm
Hello,

P60s will constitute evidence for the period they cover. You can find more info on what's accepted in the guidance on continuous residence: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -in-the-uk