ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

a Typo

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

User001

a Typo

Post by User001 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:07 am

Hi

I just realised that I put the last digits of my gross income the other way around (£xx995 instead of £xx559) on the main application. However, I put this the correct way on Appendix 2.

We are about to do the biometric this week and were wondering if it is worth canceling the application and putting in a new one over this?

Thank you

Kimn

Re: a Typo

Post by Kimn » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:16 am

User001 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:07 am
Hi

I just realised that I put the last digits of my gross income the other way around (£xx995 instead of £xx559) on the main application. However, I put this the correct way on Appendix 2.

We are about to do the biometric this week and were wondering if it is worth canceling the application and putting in a new one over this?

Thank you
Hi we made a mistake on the form and withdrew as bios hadn’t been submitted and re-applied. It has taken about 4 weeks to get a refund for the fees (at current exchange rate) it says on their website it takes up to 28 days for a refund if successful. I’m still waiting on the IHS refund which I think can take up to 6 weeks. I also haven’t received a refund yet for the VFS bios fees. So I guess it depends on if financially it won’t be a issue as you will have to pay all the fees again when you submit the new application.

I have read on here people submitting a cover letter with their docs to explain the mistake so that is an option as well.

User001

Post by User001 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:41 am

Thank you Kimn. I still have not decided what to do next.

any suggestions from Admins?

smithy101

Post by smithy101 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:25 am

I am not qualified, just letting you know what I did.

I noticed a printing error on my form Appendix 2 whereby you could not see any of the financial information or dates properly, my documents had already been scanned in when I noticed and bio-metrics were done. I simply wrote a covering letter explaining the situation and enclosing all documents again including my forms Appendix 2, this time printed properly.

I have not heard anything with regards to my Visa, I have however received an email saying that my documents via post has been accepted (although, they will not accept any documents sent via post after 31.07.209).

Again, not qualified in anyway, not sure if it will be accepted or not but just giving you another avenue you may wish to take.

Good Luck!

Jhelumi
Mood:

Post by Jhelumi » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:26 am

User001 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:07 am
Hi

Thank you
Hello,

Cancel and re-apply while you still have a chance.