ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

QUERY FOR ILR FOR MY DEPENDANTS (PLZ HELP)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hazdata
Newly Registered
Pakistan

QUERY FOR ILR FOR MY DEPENDANTS (PLZ HELP)

Post by hazdata » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:33 pm

Hi, i am working on tier 2 visa and I am about to be eligible for ILR in 5 months. My wife and 2 kids (all born outside UK) came with me 5 years ago on tier 2 dependent visa, they collected first brp the same day as I did. however few weeks after collecting BRP, they went back to home country. So, in the first year of our stay they stayed out of UK for about 8 months (they stayed out for 8 months and then Joined me for good in UK).

Now my query is, as I will apply for ILR (as my visa ends in 7 months),

1- Can I apply for ILR for my dependents (wife and 2 kids) at the same time as I will apply my ILR ? are both my wife and kids eligible for ILR or they have to wait for 1 more year? my wife can apply for ilr (despite absences) or she should apply for extension rather?

2- my kids are non uk born and I am still on tier 2. I heard that kids can apply for ILR regardless of there absence in UK in last 5 years. So, should I apply for their ILR same time as mine or ALTERNATIVELY should I first apply alone for my own ILR and then (when I get ILR) then I should apply for kids ILR?

3- My wife stayed out of UK for 8 months in the first year, so should I apply for pbs tier 2 extension for her and then when her 5 years complete should i apply for her ILR?

4- my previous cos will expire in 7 months. by the time my wife's visa will expire, I would be an ILR holder and wont be having any fresh cos. My previous cos would also have been expired. I would be working but as im ILR holder I wont be needing any cos, so wont have one. in this scenario should my wife apply for extension with same old expired cos whose visa duration has even expired or should I be having a cos with me at the time of her visa extension?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: QUERY FOR ILR FOR MY DEPENDANTS (PLZ HELP)

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:17 pm

Apply together.

There I no absence limit for PBS dependent visas issued BEFORE 11 January 2018!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.