ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Children registration and ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Children registration and ceremony

Post by hamalt66 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:03 pm

Hi all, jut a curious question please.

When a family had received their approval, are they all required to attend the ceremony including children (under 18) who also applied for registration at the same time, or just the parents who need to attend?

tommiered
Newly Registered

Re: Children registration and ceremony

Post by tommiered » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:14 pm

As in your letter, children under 18 are not required to attend but are encouraged to if possible. Mine couldn't and I got his certificate so no problem if they can't make it

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:19 pm

tommiered wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:14 pm
As in your letter, children under 18 are not required to attend but are encouraged to if possible. Mine couldn't and I got his certificate so no problem if they can't make it
Thank you for your response, I haven't received my approval letter yet, hopefully soon, I was just curious. Thanks once again

Alien2017

Post by Alien2017 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:00 am

They don't have to but indeed they are advised to. Mine is 7 and she came with us and she really enjoyed it to be honest and was very happy and felt very "important" and special. They even gave some toys to the kids, flags...was nice