ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa Query

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jaycee99
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa Query

Post by jaycee99 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:59 pm

Hi All,

We have encountered a problem re: applying for a France Schengen Visa. Basically my wife is currently on a spouse visa, I am a British Citizen + British passport holder. We were planning to visit Paris in August, however we were told that we needed to get a schengen visa. We have booked the hotel + ticket to get to Paris (15 August to 20 August 20019), we've filled out the application on 'france-visas.gouv.fr' and was told that we needed to make an appointment to TLS Contact Cente. The problem was once we signed up for TLS Contact Centre for France Visa, there was no available appointment date until the 21st August 2019.

I have also spoken to the French Consulate only to be told that TLScontact centre is the one that deals with their appointments.

So I wanted to ask is there any way for us to book an appointment or acquire a schengen visa in any other way?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Schengen Visa Query

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:04 pm

I don't know for France, but some countries, have express visa appointments with TLS provided you pay extra.

Like for UK: TLS have 2 calendars. One for regular appointments and another one for express appointments.

I don't know for France, but you need to check with them if such service is offered.

Usually August is bad time for visas because the system is really busy.

jaycee99
Newly Registered

Post by jaycee99 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:48 pm

I see. Thank you very much

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:01 pm

I had the same issues because August is really busy

I was told that there is a “premium service”, not sure what you called it in other visa Application Centre, I went to VFS in London. So basically I got the earliest appointment they had, I paid extra £60.00 for that. So instead of waiting for like 3-4 weeks, they gave me appointment in like 2-3days, then my visa was processed in 3 days and delivered after a day.

So try and call the visa Application Centre and ask for the sort of service. Be ready to pay as its not free xx